Nebulas Mainline Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nebulas Mainline Question

I have done a mainline like the Nebulas tutorial. I have done it on a short plant, so I realize this wasn't the best idea, but my question is: I have (8) growth tips on each plant, to become colas, How long do I need these growth tips to get before switching to flower? Can I switch to flower when the outer growth tips are still very short? (two inches). Thanks for any help.

How much vertical space do u have? How long have they already been in veg?

Comment

The rule of thumb is that a weed plant will stretch to twice its height during the early flower stretch. I've found that to be roughly true unless its some insane sativa that just wants to grow up and up and up. Assuming you're growing a photo period plant you can certainly switch now if you like but a vegetative period of up to 2 months will give you a bigger plant and thus hopefully bigger yield. I grow autos these days but personally the shortest veg period I ever did was 6 weeks.

It sort of depends on your set-up and lights too. With side lighting, or an overhead light with a lot of depth of light penetration, you may want to veg longer for a taller plant. Conversely, if you have a short tent you may want to flip earlier to keep the plant short and under control.

A pic will certainly help us see where you're at, good luck and welcome : )
      Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• 4barrel
        4barrel commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey beach_town.....

with out getting away from stokers post...
        my plants are in an 18hr veg cycle and in the corner of the nodes they are showing the 1st 2 white female hairs...
        how much longer can they stand to be in veg mode???
        (2 pics of this on my profile)

• Beach_Town_Brit
        Beach_Town_Brit commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi @4barrel

Great pics, you've definitely got girls there
        To be frank, I'm not entirely sure. I don't know that pre-flowers are necessarily an indicator to make the switch. Big growers keep their mothers in veg all year, even for multiple years as I understand it, so I think they can "stand" to be in veg mode as long as you like. I think there's a lot of latitude, in a sea-of-green approach (which I've never personally tried) they only veg for a few weeks whereas outdoor plants can veg for 5 even 6 months.

Yeah ok thanxs.
      Beach town.
      if ya go check my last post.
      I asked a few things on cloneing.
      no one has responded yet.
      maybe you'd have an opinion on my cure nt mater...tx

Comment

hi 4barrel was reading thru this and i remembered Nebula giving a minimum veg time before which no plant would flower no matter what, light sitch, etc.

i finally found the link

Learn what it means to give your plants "12-12 from seed" to force them to start making buds early.

and the specific statement, per Nebula, copied and pasted from that link

"I have changed cannabis plants over to the flowering stage from seed, but no matter what the light schedule, plants don't start flowering (making buds) until they are about 3 weeks old. Initiating a 12-12 light schedule at 3 weeks old from seed is as early as I'd recommend for this technique, if you choose to use it.

"12-12 From Seed" is a misnomer if you're trying to force your cannabis to flower early - 3 weeks from seed is the earliest time a plant can start flowering after the switch to 12-12"
        "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

• 4barrel
          4barrel commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah thanks.
          Yeah my plants are way beyond that. like 6 ta 7 weeks of veg. 1st week of Jan I think I droped seeds.

I was hoping ta let them go till end of March.
          but mite flower them sooner there getting pretty frickin bushy. they are takeing right over my 7 x 9 space and only 5 plants and they ll double once I flip.

so now I'm thinking by next week.
          cut clones,put up my light rail, set up scrog, set up Co2 tank flip 12/12 and shut the door...haha

• bobsakamoto
          bobsakamoto commented
          Editing a comment
          oops 4barrel sorry, that was meant for the OP, stoker

4barrel abput the scrog check this http://www.growweedeasy.com/scrog-tu...scrog-overview out, I think it would be better for you to try it next grow so you can get the veg bit of it to really roll with you.
        Grow and good luck
        Current grow:

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...lly-grown-meds

past grows:

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...2-grow-one-off

http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...hello-everyone

Comment

• 4barrel
          4barrel commented
          Editing a comment
          thanx for the link Furry S...
          I had pinched every branch since they where 6" tall.
          let them grow bout 4 weeks then bent and tied down braches. ..
          so now there all one even canopy.
          once I string up a bunch of lines across they should take to it fine...
          thanx again

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X