X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Grow

So.
    time ta take clones I think.
    plants are showing 1st hairs in the corners of the nodes.(see pics under 18 hrs of light) so I mite have to flower them sooner then I was ready to

I'm gona be useing rapid rooters
    been looking for info.
    not much out there on them.

gona try clone X.
    i also have some powder form hormone. not sure if one is better then the other.

but the rapid rooter are already moist in the bag they come in, I'm wondering if they need to pre-soke in ph water (24hrs) before taking clones?

also all I have for them is those 1200w LED lights. it's that or nothing.
    so I'm guessing I should keep them good and high from the dome??

and what ever els you guys think I should know before I start takeing clones...
    Last edited by 4barrel; 03-09-2017, 10:41 AM.

You know, I've never really had any issues with cloning (I use jiffy peat pellets). I've found it to be pretty easy. I only soak my jiffy pellets for 10 mins or so and they're dehydrated so I don't think you'd need to soak the rapid rooters for too long.

I think I have a handle on your situation now and given that you're ready to take clones and your tent is ready to go, I'd say take the clones, put them under your CFLs and move your vegging plants over to flower. Personally I wouldn't waste 1600W to sprout some clones and it's quite possible you'll kill them with too much light. As you get through a few cycles of your perpetual you'll find your own schedule to balance your veg and flower tents.

Tips wise ... take lower branches as your clones (they root quicker and they're less useful for flowering plants anyway) ... I like to scrape at the "skin" off the lower stem of the clone with my trim scissors before dipping in clone gel (scrape whatever amount of stem will be buried in your rapid rooters) ... clones like a lot of humidity so I'd do them under a humidity dome ... cut the large fan leaves on your clone in half, this supposedly frees up plant energy to focus on roots ... lowering humidity after the first 3-4 days is supposed to help force those roots out too ... you can use both gel and powder at the same time if you like, but be sure to separate what you'll use from the main container, don't just dip stems in the main jar or your gel will spoil.
    Last edited by Beach_Town_Brit; 03-09-2017, 02:33 PM.
    Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• 4barrel
      4barrel commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah.
      I got my original seed plants in one room gona bud them by the end of the month in a srog .
      and gona take clones from the bottom for the next batch ta flower.
      and everything ya said was all kinda what I was thinking. so I think I'll be ok.
      other then lights... I'm taped out of money so I gotta make use of what I have.
      maybe after my 1st crop I'll get some T5s for cloning.
      but for now I gota make dew with LED'S .I'll just make sure there up high from the dome. hope they can take it...

ok man thanx for your opinion much appreciated

From the pics it seems like you have healthy looking plants! Just because they've started showing pistils / hairs doesn't mean you have to flower them right away. As long as you have photoperiod plants (non-autoflowering strain) than you can let them stay in the vegetative stage as long as you want while you take clones, let the plant get bigger, etc!

If the Rapid Rooter is already moist, you don't need to pre-soak, but you do need to make sure you're keeping them moist as time goes on. A 1200W LED is not ideal for clones, but you could probably make it work if you keep it far away. If it has a lower "vegetative" setting I would definitely stick with that! Clones do need good, direct light (they don't do well in dim conditions), but they don't root as well if they're overloaded with tons of light either. You may want to invest in a humidity dome if you haven't already. I wrote an article about cloning here if you want to take a look

My biggest advice is to take more clones than you need, especially the first time, just so you have plenty of clones even if you lose a few!

Comment

• 4barrel
      4barrel commented
      Editing a comment
      ok thanks for that Nebula.
      and yes there photo's and I do have a dome
      but as far as my lights I don't have a choice but ta use my LED'S. ....got nothing els for now
      Last edited by 4barrel; 03-09-2017, 06:15 PM.

• bobsakamoto
      bobsakamoto commented
      Editing a comment
      you could construct something to shadow them if that helps

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X