Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iammygod
    commented on 's reply
    Not always. She had cannabis with black ash either.

• Flockshot
    commented on 's reply
    Nebula will always see white ash on hers because she doesn't have any of the factors we are referring to that cause black ash. I don't pretend to know what all the factors are, but I do know that black ash generally means bad taste.

• 4barrel
    commented on 's reply
    I think it's not completely flushed...
    well flush plants would burn whiter....
    but.....
    what do I know...
    I haven't smoked a joint in over 10 years
    damn drug testing employment

But they can't stop me from growing it.. MwA HA HA

• Iammygod
    replied
    I read all the replies. I agree with all of you. It seems we all agree that many factors effect on what is going to be remained (never used such a verb before, wish I've written it correctly) in ash. But if it depends on many factors why do Nebula always see white ash in her own buds?

In my idea the darker the ash, the incomplete the combustion. It's what i know is true for sure and this is the main reason that determine the color of the ash.
    Last edited by Iammygod; 03-05-2017, 05:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 4barrel
    replied
    Att NebulaHaz:Yeah but he was pouring the blue miracle salts like no tomarrow so...that's why

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    replied
    I agree with Nebula, I have pot I'm smoking now that is bought (Purple Kush) and has a much greyer aspect to the ash.
    And yes, cannabis I have grown burns white. Must be the TLC. Tender Lovin' Care for you youngins'.

Leave a comment:

• Flockshot
    commented on 's reply
    I have seen, one time, a plant that when dried and cured would not burn. I really do mean that, cuz I tried. It was free. I tried. It would not burn, but I don't know why.

• NebulaHaze
    commented on 's reply
    It's interesting that was his experience! I've grown cannabis with and without flushing before, and I've never had that happen. When I first grew I didn't know to flush, but my ash has still always been white!

• 4barrel
    replied
    I new a guy once that tried growing for the first time.
    finish buds looked great.
    but he dint no nothing about flusing and when came ta smoke it could not keep it lit. would not burn had ta blast with a torch ta smoke Black black ash real salty tasting caugh like a basted.

That's when we found out about flushing ....lol
    Last edited by 4barrel; 03-05-2017, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 9fingerleafs
    replied
    Yes flock is right there is for sure countless factors and we cannot name them all but it all comes to how well it combust. Not what's in it. Certainly there could be chemicals that burn in diferent ways and very harmful pesticides and in not arguing.

So the the thing is the oxigen. Combustion with low oxigen causes soot to form. This is because in a molecular level there was not enough oxigen to burn everything. Every body has seen how a flame is affected by oxigen and how it can cause things to for soot. So when you smoke not dried enough weed the ash will have black in it. i invite everybody to smoke some weed with 70% humidity and some weed at 50% and check it for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Flockshot
    replied
    Several factors will determine how completely the cannabis combustion is.. The more completely the combustion the whiter the ash. My 2c.

Leave a comment:

• NebulaHaze
    started a topic What makes ash white or black?

What makes ash white or black?

If you burn cannabis, the ash will turn either white/gray or black. Most people agree that white ash is better or more "pure" than black ash, but what causes the difference?

I've purchased cannabis that turns black after being burned, but to be honest, the ash of my home-grown cannabis has always been white. So it's hard for me to say for sure what's causing some people to get black ash, since it's never happened with bud that I've grown myself.
    • Many growers agree that certain pesticides or chemicals make ash turn black
    • It's possible that the drying and curing process can have an effect (for example using heat to dry your buds, or smoking buds that are still wet)
    What do you all think makes ash turn black or white?

~Nebula

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X