Wilting plants after water change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilting plants after water change

I just changed water and nutrients in a DWC set up , water PH is @ 6 but 15 minutes after changing plants wilted , looks terrible what in the world made them do that

Check your pH again.
    Was your nutrient solution room temperature.
    How did your roots look.
    Are you top feeding. Is it running.
    Check your airstones.
    Completed #1: http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...dwc-apocalypse

My forever grow.

2x400w MH/HPS (veg 6/2 /flower 12/12)

100w t-5 (nursery)

6"can fan and filter 480cfm max set to 240cfm exhausted outside.

Blue Planet Nutrients Farmer's Pride Organic
    5gal. Eco Oganics pots.

Coco soil and pearl

Light cycle: 6/2 veg. 12/12 flower

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-well-sort-of

Friendly advice:
    If you want to grow top shelf weed, arm yourself with knowledge:
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

Comment

Water too cold????

Mis-measured nutrients???
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

PH is good , everything is running , the only difference was the water temp it was really cold water , because it stays pretty warm all the time , I put really cold water . The plants in buckets stayed the same only the plants in the 20 gallon tote wilted . Would the cold water shock the plants and cause them to do that

Comment

• Sonnyhad
          Sonnyhad commented
          Editing a comment
          I would think cold water would be a shock! How about when you are taking a shower and the water turns cold! Yikes! LOL I don't know for sure but I also wonder if cold has an effect on the ph? I notice a little difference here when the water is colder.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          YES!!! You can kill your plants if the water's too cold.

Howdy Bobby sue and welcome to the forum.
        I had a similar experience on my last grow, but it was related to trying to adjust the pH directly in the reservoir and adding too much, too cold water into the tank. The grow was running during the summer months and I was making up (pH'ing the water) a day or two ahead of the feed or midweek watering. Because of the problems with algae growth in a warm reservoir, I was chilling two gallons of water in the refrigerator over night for each reservoir. Most refrigerators run around 40 degrees F. The combination of these two things shocked and quickly wilted my plants! I panicked (seemed like a proper reaction at the time., LOL), but did the right thing, I drained and re filled the reservoir with new pH'ed and warmer water. Now I use only one gallon of cold in the reservoir and ONLY if the ambient temperatures are in the 90's or above. Also the chilled water is poured in the reservoir last. I use frozen ice bottles to keep the temperature down, but I try to never allow the water temperatures to drop below 63 degrees F.
        Good luck with Your grow.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Yeah your probably right , water was very cold . This morning I went and trimmed off all crispy leaves , ect. Also I'm very thankful for everyone's help , because I'm new at this and I would definitely help someone to keep them from making the same mistakes I have

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            The only people that do not make mistakes, are the people that do nothing! A smart person learns from their mistakes, an intelligent person learns from other's mistakes. Like Curly (of the three Stooges) said, " When at first You don't succeed, keep on sucking until You do succeed!" (LOL).

I have learned a lesson on the water temp now (the hard way ) I have always used hydroguard in my water , because of the warmer water temps . My wife is going to eat this one up , she said " wow , do you thinkit's ok to put that cold of water in there " I said "now what difference is that going to make " yeah exactly

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X