Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st grow, few problems....HELLLLP

Hello GWE members,

I am a first time farmer. For this first attempt i am using bagseed. I have a kind k5 xl1000 LED. I germinated 7 seeds using the paper towel method on Feb.12, all sprouted by Feb. 14. 5 plants are now planted in 1 gallon smart pots. I have been using Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil ( I believe all have N toxicity or slight due to soil.) The ph for the water im using ranges from 6.5 to 7. Currently have not given any nutes.

For this post I am only worried about 3 plants that started growing weird on me. 1st i have a seedling that looks like possible mites or something that is leaving spots on the leaves ( pictured 1st). The second problem i have is that 2 seedlings had turned yellowish and the leaves had rolled up as tight as a blunt at one point ( about a week ago). The pictures below show how they have recovered but still have rolled leaves. Are these plants able to be saved or should i abandon ship

any and all help will be greatly appreciated
    Current set up: 4 Bagseed
    1000w Kind LED
    Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil(not mixed)
    GH flora trio
    CalMag
    5 gal Smart Pot
    cheap fan
    cheap heater

I recently went to the camp that shoots for a ph of 6.0 and things have gotten better for me, might be something you look at also.
    ​​​​​​
    Team AutoMechanics

Comment

• Farmerfran
      Farmerfran commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, i will be aiming for a lower range as soon as my ph down arrives

• Tika
      Tika commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in that camp...works great. Even if 5.9 - 6.1. But always go for 6

• Sonnyhad
      Sonnyhad commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah, what a difference its made.

The last two photos look like it might be Light Burn.
    Fast Buds GSC & Green Crack Auto's

Veg:
    4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LED's - Flora Trio + CalMag

Bloom: 4x4x6 - 7-gal Smart Pots - Coco/Perlite - 4 300w LEDs - Flora Trio + CalMag & Superbloom

“…marijuana is one of the safest, therapeutically active substances known to man.” – Judge Francis Young (DEA)

Comment

Ocean Forest is a very strong soil, naturally high in nutrients, so you won't want to add any nutes for 4-8 weeks (your plants will tell you when they are ready). Some of your problems could be related to that. I've had young clones and seedling that took a little while to adjust to the soil. It's possible that this will resolve without intervention. I agree that your PH is too high and you should consider if your lights are too close.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Hi there ganja youngens ...and mom/dad! They look over watered from where I'm sitting. Do you do the one knuckle rule before watering?
        x1 LED Cirrus T5 500w, x3 Sun System LEC315, x1 Nanolux LEC315, Saturn 5 controller, x4 6" can vents, 8800 btu A/C, 70 pint dehumidifier

Comment

• Tika
          Tika commented
          Editing a comment
          Or the "light lift"...cause sometimes the 1 buckle may be too dry...depends on your individual environment and sometimes strain.

• LuckyAcres
          LuckyAcres commented
          Editing a comment
          True that tika, my flowers are in 15 gal posts under the scrog so not much lifting 😅😅

Thanks everyone, i have since scrapped those 3 they were just too beat up. To be honest i freaked out a little thinking that i had a mite infestation, and just got them out of there. I have 4 good ones left that i will make another post about on this forum later on today.
        Current set up: 4 Bagseed
        1000w Kind LED
        Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil(not mixed)
        GH flora trio
        CalMag
        5 gal Smart Pot
        cheap fan
        cheap heater

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X