what are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are these?

Im always managing spidermites in my setup, but these dont look like that. what are they? i soaked them with azamax upon discover, but no clue if that will be effective.

Aphids.....

Comment

• Jerrys84
      Jerrys84 commented
      Editing a comment
      huh ive aways had spidermites but never aphids. curious, since the azamax is supposed to be effective for them. its only a few leaves, ill just have to keep an eye out

• OldManGrower
      OldManGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Release the Ladybugs!

As a note ants farm (milk) aphids the way we do cattle. So if you have ants you will need to deal with them as well.
    If outside I would use Lady Bugs against them, very effective long lasting. Provide them a winter home and they will be around for years.

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Also look on the steams for these little buggers

Damn aphids! I have given up on an outside Ficus plant after going through two bottles of Neem oil. Little bastards keep coming back for the new growth. All I can do is swipe and crush their little bodies when I see them.
    Couple these guys are waiting for me to say... wait for it... fans. If you are outdoor, go with ladybugs or other predatory insects. If you are inside, pump up the volume, quantity, and direction of your fans to blow them back to the Hell from whence they came. Maybe you're a manly fan man. Maybe you have those industrial warehouse fans you can put outside. Just a thought.
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The Lady's could help even if its indoor in the future, what ya wanna bet these crawlies came from outside to the indoor grow.

An old wise man once said.... fans will do the trick. When you think you have enough, add another one, or two.

Seriously.... Haven't had aphids.... yet. I'm sure I'll get my turn. But I've found thrips and spider mites and maybe it's the fans, maybe it's not, but I seem to be winning .... for now. I also have a tendency to painfully inspect my plants for extended periods of time every couple days. I call it therapy but I've been able to identify a few problems quite early.

Comment

Keeping pets out of your grow room is a must.

Having a pair of indoor footwear for the room is a great idea.

If you're changing over air in the room a lot you should filter it.

I do very little air changeover here and no issues with anything indoors. My outdoor garden is another matter altogether, WPM, prevelant atm and whatever else lives in wet temperate rainforest. Weed doesnt do well in those conditions.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X