Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt and post thanks for all the great info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First attempt and post thanks for all the great info!

7/17/24 it all started... she is on a 12/12 now for the last 2 weeks. Flowering like crazy! We chose to do the LST and it's working nicely. We cut back the larger fan leaves to hopefully promote the under-growth getting more light. Were we wrong for pinching/cutting them?

A picture is worth a thousand words. A thousand words are not worth a picture.
    -or-
    Advertising your line?
    αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• Raysir
      Raysir commented
      Editing a comment
      @Gingerbeard, Understood, will do that.

B4-(3days ago) and After-(today)

Comment

10-4.
      What are they? What's your setup?
      With the number of gnats you have on your yellow stickies, you don't have any fans aimed at your plants, maybe?

αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Raysir
        Raysir commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, we are using a fan it blows the air quite well across her but maybe not enough?

The gnats we have been able to get them under control lol may look bad but the gnats are actually gone now, maybe 1 or 2 flying around but not nearly as bad as they were couple weeks ago. We still haven't been able to figure out why they showed up but for now they are history.

We don't know the strain, seed came from an unknown source. I think we just got lucky and she popped in just 3 days, she's been going crazy ever since.

So much to learn and work on knowing what to do next. I have researched the GWE site and we have been trying to use the sources available to get our first try to harvest. I want to upgrade to a tent and get the air under control for her and her little sister. Ya ...we had another one pop and she's about 4 weeks old now. She also runs on the 12/12 so I'm thinking that is probably wrong for her at this stage but space is the issue.

Currently using 2 of these. Not quite 100 watts. I'm sure a larger one would help.

Comment

I already know what Gingerbeard is gonna say. 1 fan? I started with two fans and added two more. I also tried homemade gnat trap with sugar, vinegar, touch of dawn. Didn't catch even one gnat.

Oh I also used DE for the surface of my soil.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just going to say something like that. Also, that the fans will only work if they are at the soil. But I paraphrase myself.
          What am I forgetting? If you know what I was going to say, do you know what I forgot to say?

Perhaps I was going to say something about lights like that only being good for growing small leafy things at a few inches away and are not appropriate for growing weed?
        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Fungus gnats are symtomatic of over watering, typically. They eat the fungus in the top of your grow medium. Fungus grows great only if it is continuously moist or wet. The more Fungus the more gnats.

You probably are struggling with light and environment. A light breeze on the plants is enough.

They look like they are struggling but should get there.
          Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
          Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
          Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
          Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
          Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X