new to site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to site

New to site. Not sure where to post this. Having issue clicking on photos they do not open and just show in a small narrow bar at the bottom of the browser page. Suggestions? UPDATE: NM maybe a glitch now its working.
    Last edited by LadyK; 10-09-2024, 05:58 AM.

Welcome and enjoy. Lots of info here in the forums and tutorials to be found up top in the menu.

Website browsers on mobiles sometimes struggle. Just refresh.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey thanks for the welcome, appreciate it. Yes I have been reading and figured I might as well sign up. Ok great will check those tutorials out. yeah it was strange bc they opened like that. Got a closet grow going and can tell I will need feedback. ha so I signed up.

I find it works best to click on the camera icon then select upload.

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks will check that out also

Welcome aboard. I landed here when I was starting out. Everything I know about growing weed I learned right here. Lots of knowledge on the GWE web site and the forum as well.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
    Autopot system
    : 1 Purple Haze/Malawa 100% Sativa Ace Seeds 1 Strawberry Cough ILGM
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 2 Purple Haze/Malawi & 2 Malawi 100% Sativa Ace seeds
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome. Yes it has a lot on it. I was doing a YT dive and some talked about it so here I am.

Welcome! I learned from lots of sources, but liked the guides and forum here. I use General Hydroponics Flora series and their nutrient schedule helped me with a start on how to feed.
    Last edited by apacin0; 10-09-2024, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank yo for the welcome. Still making my way around. I just bought the GH ph down. I looked into them. I have not started any nutrients yet. I got issues and will prob post soon.

Welcome from an "OLD FART"; over 70 and still learning............
    8'x12' indoor/outdoor grow room
    3'x5 dark room
    2x12" exhaust fans
    30"x36" intake filter
    3x180w 4' led lights
    std.potting soil w perlite added
    Fox farm trio,cal/mag etc.

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome. Good to know I'm not the only "old fart" here haha. I am also still learning.

Seems suspect. Sorry, no offense LadyK. Almost AI like. "YT" dive? "Ok great will check those tutorials out." Using haha instead of lol but using "YT" dive? Too robotic. I'd be robo checking this one....just saying. Which squares are the traffic lights in lol...Again, no offense. If I was a mod, I'd be all over it.

Comment

• apacin0
      apacin0 commented
      Editing a comment
      There has been many a bot or possibly hacked old accounts that have been posting recently. He's being facetious.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      We do have a problem with AI generated stuff posted here from time to time.

Typically I reply to it but not with a standard reply, something very much out of left of center. It is difficult to spot especially with non English speaking people here using translators.

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      People need to know the true definition of AI. IMHO people have been using computers to generate all kinds of altered pics and all kinds of sh*t. Now they call it "AI". AI is making people paranoid. IMHO it' still people f*cking around with computers.

LOL Welcome to GWE LadyK

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha, thanks!

Welcome

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much, happy growing!

Welcome to the madness! If you enjoy reading as much as growing, you're about to learn more about cannabis and growing than you ever thought possible! I just joined earlier this year and already the quality and yield of my work has skyrocketed! I'm excited for ya!

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome! Bookworm of reading when its about something I enjoy. I welcome the knowledge that is here. Congrats to the increase in your work. That's what I am hoping for also. Exciting! Need it as I think I am killing what I have so far, but I guess that is part of it as well.

Welcome(if you aren't a bot)!

The best way I've found to get immediate help is to start a journal. This also helps you keep a lot of what you learn in one place for easy reference. It will also differentiate you from the other bots!!

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome! 😜 I did start a journal, and writing down pretty much everything. Certainly would not want to be grouped with the bots! 🤣

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Post a link to it so us lazy asses can go find it and help when you need it.

Well more just a written journal, as best I could lol. I have thing to get together, first grow, so there's that ha. I have 3 going right now, a gifted clone of Mendo Breath, and 2 autos 8 days today. so yes side by side for now. I am wanting to get it posted all in one post not separating bc of types. So yes if I get that posted I will put a link for the lazy asses 😎

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      This next run I'm going to run fertigation.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Fertigation works well for me but it's all I've ever done indoors.

Automated it's a breeze. Last few though I've done it by hand and I really need a break!

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      So what do you do to determine the EC/PPM of your feed events if you are running drip? Just start somewhere and keep increasing dependent on what the girls are telling you?

Pretty much. I do it by hand in the seedling stage but once they get going I run a tank for the automation that holds about a 6 or 7 day supply at their peek with 4 plants. I'd adjust it each week to suit if not home or if I am do adjustments to the tank if needed, which rarely happened.

I Start seedlings out at around 0.4 EC and build up. Add a cal mag supp to the tank as needed, no more than half strength or just give it in a hand watering, same wuth PK. I transition to flower nutes at different times depending on how my plants are going, over about a two week period.

I had to automate a whole grow because I wasn't home for periods of 5 days in 7. It worked really well.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      This is what some of the Fert pros on another site are saying:

"1-4% volume of the media is you're vegetative steering fertigation amount.

4-8% of substrate volume = fert solution amount for generative steering."

"Remember there is a difference between root mass, root structure and container size.

You can have the same root mass in a 1 gal pot and a 3 gal pot. Just because the pot is bigger doesn’t mean it has a larger root mass. The roots are just more dense in a smaller container and thus requires more effort in keeping a stable root zone and supply of nutrients. Gas exchange is faster because of less media and growth is increased.

The term rootbound as it is used by us cannabis growers is 99% BS. They are not rootbound, we are simply not looking after the needs well enough to replenish the small amount of media."

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll take a pic of the root mass for you and you can see how it looks. I used 13gal pots when I fully automated fertigation and drained to waste but now using 7.6gal manually watering with no drains just a catch dish as I can monitor it better.

No change in yields but I've improved bud quality marginally likely through small changes to the environment though.

Those % are interesting if I'm reading that right as I was giving this current grow a lot more than 8% of medium volume in fertigation solution with minimal to no runoff. At its peak with conservative VPD they were taking as much as 1.85gal in a 24hr cycle, mind you the plant mass was probably almost double the ideal, they were huge, and I did stuff all trimming and no cut back of branches except for the standard mainline technique in early veg and a few that I couldn't get above the net when I moved them to the flower room. That's over 25% of medium volume. I know I used a ton of nutes on this grow because of their size.

• apacin0
      apacin0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn topic hijacked. JK. Lots of numbers and big fancy words in there. I agree you can add much more than 8% and have no ill side effects or rather have huge growth. I think it depends on the strength of your solution, your medium, plant size (root size too), environmental (fans, dehumidifier, heat), container type (plastic, fabric, clay), and perhaps more reasons I can think of. I was doing 33% (1 gallon solution to 3 gallon pot) with little runoff (it was starting to have almost no runoff) at transition to flower. No burn and it was growing super healthy. I was using full strength nutes too. But I was using fabric pots, coco, and leca (super airy) with three fans (one being exhaust) in a tiny space. Also it was 3 fertigation events per day, 4 hours apart each (.33 gallons each event)

Hijacked 😜 . Not even sure how to reply to Roots, as just seeing it. but yes hand written notes. yes 3 1 a clone. It's my first little grow, easy lol. I have photos from the beginning, when they were planted 10/3 Have not figured out yet where to start it on here. I only have 2 posts as I just joined. I have never seen a forum so sus on someone. 🤣

Comment

• LadyK
      LadyK commented
      Editing a comment
      be easy on me I meant to say lol

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL! This site is like a gang. You gotta get jumped in to join!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X