Poor drainage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor drainage

I am having a drainage problem with my 6 gallon buckets. Watered one gallon with very minimal drainage. Fungus gnats are beginning to take hold. I have ordered the yellow sticky strips and the D earth powder to combat them. I drilled numerous holes in the container today I am wondering if I can pull the plant out of the container wit the help of a friend, mix perlite in with the soil, and place the plant back in, without causing major issues.

As for over watering I am using 5 gal. Pots and if I put only 1gal.in each I would not see any dranage at all ! As long as its dry to first nuckel before watering. U may not have a drainage problem, I always water till 20% drain out. As for the gnats try spreading sand on top of soil it works well I do two times after watering as it works it's way into the soil it stops them from breading and is cheaper. Hope this helps lol

Comment

Thank you for the help. I was worried I was giving too much water with one gallon but I guess not. I received the plants from a friend so I didn't have the from seed experience with them.

Comment

• Potted
        Potted commented
        Editing a comment
        Just make sure the soil is dry to the first nuckel each time and alternate ph water 6.5 and nutes ph 6.5 and let them drain 20%

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have a fan blowing over your plants or over the soil that should help a lot. Also d- earth works good for me I just use it as a preventive method to avoid getting that problem. Also I sprinkle the d- earth all inside my tent floor and outside around any openings of the tent that way i cover all bases.

I like the idea about the sand. Will any sand work?

Comment

Play ,beach, any clean sand will do I've been using it for a cupple of years now has never let me down.lol

Comment

Thanks for the info, Looks like me and dog's are going to the beach.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X