Electro-Horticulture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electro-Horticulture

Interesting reads from the 1800's about growing plants under electric lights.

Careful what you READ from the 1800's. We used lots of old "books" for research and Google wasn't around. 😂
    Last edited by dirtymike; 10-01-2024, 05:51 AM.

Comment

That first article says, "...the carbonic acid and nitrogenous compounds generated in diminutive quantities in the electric arc produce no sensible deleterious effects upon plants [inclosed] in the same space."
      I'm trying to figure out what sort of light that was. Couldn't be incandescent, could it?
      The article is from 1880, the same year Edison did his incandescent light bulb thing. His light bulb was a bulb, enclosed in a vacuum, not something that would emit 'carbonic acid and nitrogenous compounds' into its environment.
      The article mentions an electric arc. Edison's bulb was not an arc, it was a carbon filament.
      An exposed electric arc is super dangerous and takes a lot of energy to keep going.
      Were those old people growing with incandescent light? Article says artificial and natural light gave about the same results.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

I wanna see pics of the buds that Edison grew!
        Exposed electric arc, a welder! OR Jacobs ladder, but certainly not something to grow under.

Comment

You would have to check out the Edison Cannabis Co.'s website.
          I don't usually pos​t product websites. No issue with this one. You'll see why.
          Edison: Coming Soon (edisoncannabis.com)​
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

What about that Rwise? Arc light, I mean. An electric arc is not a white-hot carbon filament in a vacuum.
            Aside from logistics, can you grow by an arc of electricity? Lightning.
            αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

One would burn the fuck out of them, way to much UV

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X