Why do my flowers keep making seeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do my flowers keep making seeds?

I always bought seeds from RQS and never had any problems growing them. Then i decided to try some seeds from fast buds and each flower has seeds. At first i thought that its because i harvested them late, so the next grow i harvested them way earlier than i like to and they still had seeds. After each grow i clean the tent and equipment three times using different stuff. What could be the reason for this?

Pollen! Thats it in a single word. You either have male plants near by (as in outdoor grow)(near by= within 2000 miles with a good wind), or hermies in your grow indoor.

Comment

The bright side being you don't have to buy seeds anymore.

Comment

Were the fastbud seeds photos? If so did you cull any of the males that may have been in the seedpack? Are you growing indoor or outdoor?

As Rwise said, any hemp or weed growing within a few miles of you will open the possibility of your female plants getting pollinated from flying pollen if you are outdoors.

Comment

Where are the seeds coming from on the plant? Are they growing from calyxes or nanners?
          Maybe you got pollenated. There is also a chance you hermied from growing conditions or genetics.
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

I'm finding none to one to a few seeds in my jars. No seeds in the buds as I hand grind and that let's me know if there is straight away.

Definite herm here. Pollination from another grower close by pretty much impossible given my setup and season.

It's normal for cannabis to herm. It's in their DNA to do so and to varying degrees depending on its strain and also stress levels. The more stressed the higher the chances and amount of herm in my opinion. Not sure if that's scientific but it's what I have seen over the years growing sativas. I also suspect the more stressed in a plants early life the more chance of a male but again not scientific just what I have observed.
            Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
            Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
            Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
            Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
            Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, someone said it. I only make up what I say.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              You've misread a previous post of mine I probably didn't annunciate very well.

Not sure which one but I said I've only ever found seed in my jars and not in the buds.

My current jar Im growing a peanut butter cross jelly sandwich I call The Elvis...lol

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              I suffer from misplaced empathic mimicry when I dab. And I dab, brother. I dab a lot.
              Please, forgive my confusedness.

Wshew! It was you, this time Bluey . Post 3.5
            Male or hermaphrodit? - GrowWeedEasy.com Cannabis Growing Forum
            Now, it may look like this thread has been hi-jacked. Let's look at it like we learned weed does not hermie in the jar. Not really.​
            Gettin' my finger limbered up to do some pointin'!
            αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
              Gingerbeard commented
              Editing a comment
              If you go and change the comment you can come back and call me a damned dirty liar.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              That's not happening. I bet you have a screenshot of it.

It happens a lot on this forum.

Being wrong about something is not a crime. Not being flexible of mind to see you are wrong and working it out with a fresh approach should be a crime!

• Rootsruler
              Rootsruler commented
              Editing a comment
              Hahahahaha! I'm the king of wrong so you got some competition!!!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X