Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is It Time to Harvest My Plant?

Hi everyone! 🌱

I'm wondering if it's the right time to harvest my plant. I'm a bit unsure, so I thought I'd ask for some advice from the community.
    I’ve attached a picture of the plant.

Would love to hear your thoughts on whether it's ready, or if I should wait a bit longer.
    Please feel free to ask if need any more info or photo.

Thanks in advance! 😊
    ​

Hi Luca & welcome

There are 100s of tutorials on this website for you to read. I've filtered harvest specific ones for you via the below link, I think

Marijuana is becoming legalized in more and more places as people find out that it doesn’t cause much harm, has real medical benefits, and is a fun pastime that is safer than drinking alcohol. However, even for those who can legally grow marijuana, there aren’t many simple resources that explain from start to finish what...

Just judging by that pic I cannot say for sure but probably not yet
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

At the top of this page is your answer "When to harvest" with many nice pics and lots of info
      Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

Comment

Yes, sorry about that, I've actually been doing my homework and studying a bit.
        I’ve been waiting for some of the trichomes to turn amber, but so far, I haven’t noticed that happening yet.
        It seems a bit odd to me since the plant is autoflowering and should possibly be ready by now.
        ​

Comment

Maaannn... I'm going to say it. Trichomes don't always tell the tell. It is not super uncommon for plants not to amber up. They are our best indicator but they do not always show us what we want to see. On my screen, your pistils have turned black. Also on my screen, it looks like the trichomes have been touched off, as happens. Made up a word at the end. We should all use it.
          How old is the plant?
          What's the strain?
          In what sort of light are you looking at the trichomes?
          Where on the plant are you scoping your trichomes?
          What are you using to look at your trichomes? Not what you used to take the picture, unless that is how you are trichoming.

​
          αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

The plant may be 3 or 4 months old.
            I don't remember the stain.
            I am just taking a macro pic with my mobile macro camera in day light.
            I am thinking, could I harvest only one flower, and try it still fresh? or does it need to dry necessarily?

Comment

Try a different light. Something not as powerful as the sun. The sun can wash out colors. Even creating a shadow will change how the trichomes look.
              3-4 months is plenty of time for most autos to mature. If you have an auto, you might want to consider harvesting. If you are growing feminized or photoperiod, you need to know when you flipped to 12/12.
              The quickest way to try your bud is to snip off a bud and put it in a freeze dryer (not flash freezer). Rushing a bud to dry for a sample may make you hate your weed because it will taste like shit and may give you a headache.
              The best way to check your trichomes is with a loupe or USB microscope. I've seen only the newer phones can get decent trichome shots.
              αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X