help: no flowers 4 weeks after flip to 12/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help: no flowers 4 weeks after flip to 12/12

I am growing clones of the plant I previously grew successfully. I am using exactly the same setup. It had no issues the first grow. It's hotter in the tent now because it's summer and day temps peak at 87f. Could that be enough to prevent flowering?

Plants are increasing in size nicely and showing preflowers. They are behaving perfectly normally and healthy for vegetative growth stage. I've checked the light timer over again and tested it. I looked for light leaks and found none.

It's been over a month since I moved them into the flower tent with 12/12 lighting. Why won't they flower? How do I make them flower?

I had to trim them so they don't get too tall for the tent! (Bonus: more clones!)

Strain: critical
    Growing in a tent under led light
    2 gal fabric pots
    Coco/perlite blend
    GH Flora trio, calimag
    Bloom city Cleankelp liquid seaweed fertilizer

Peaking highs of 87⁰F won't effect the plant going to flower. Peaking highs well over 100⁰F shouldn't stop that either, but it will stress them and the longer it stays high the more it will slow them down and stress them.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Thanks for the reassurance! The slightly higher temperature is the only change from the previous run of the same plant so I figured it was worthy of mention. I just can't track down the cause of the problem here. Especially since it is a repeat of the previous, successful grow.

I have a new pH meter but assume it is within calibration range of the previous meter. I have fresh bottles of nutes. The plants show no signs of pH being off and have healthy growth. All seems to be in order.

I feel like I've checked all the trouble spots and I'm at a loss. I've done several grows and this is a clone of the previous grow and nothing has changed so wtf am I doing wrong?

Comment

Post some pics
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Late last week I finally got some flowers. It was a full six weeks after flipping to 12/12! I still don't know why but I'm happy it is happening, finally.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X