X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Girl

Backyard girly girl.
    I grew indoors for 15 years.
    Finished a few outdoors, but never one in the ground.
    This is my first outdoor plant from start to (hopefully) finish.
    MD, legal state.
    Supposedly a dispensary seed but I don't really know. Or care that much.
    She's about 7 feet tall and just as wide.
    The soil was terrible a couple years ago but I have been amending it with compost and better soil since.
    The rest of the garden is vegetables, mostly tomatoes and potatoes.

Started inside in April, planted outside in mid May.
    I didn't think it would get nearly this large. Topped it twice, bent several branches over to get a better spread. (My version of supercropping.)

I'm guessing she'll be ready for harvest in early October.
    At this point I'm just worried about it getting ripped off.

If anyone shows interest, I'll post more pictures as the Buds develop.
    ​​​​

Don't ya just love it?
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
    Autopot system
    : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Well you couldn't have done it justice indoors. It's grown higher than your houses roof! Fingers crossed the weather Gods are kind to you.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Bluey,
        Life circumstances have changed. Wife and I downsized 5 years ago and now live in apartments. I didn't grow for that time.
        Super lucky to have a place with a garden plot. Tiny, but enough for a few vegetables and this girl.
        I'm thinking more and more that she's from bag seed, but I don't really care!
        It'll be ok for me if it's not strong.
        /For Old School Fantasy book readers/
        Glossamer Glowlimb, the First of the Search!
        A Giant! Stone and Sea!
        ✌️✌️✌️
        This is just great fun, growing the biggest plant of my life.

IDK how to caption pics, so...
        From the other side of the privacy fence.
        Nighttime flash pics.

Comment

• OldManGrower
          OldManGrower commented
          Editing a comment
          White Gold Wielder!

When she starts to fill in use Supports on those big buds at top. Healthy plant, sucking all that water up from the HVAC unit. Seen a few grows like that, works great so far. Smoke is smoke, better if you grow it your own. Grovvy

Comment

• Reederx
          Reederx commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you caught my Auto Watering System! The AC unit makes so much condensation water, before I put the garden in there was mud around it in the summer.
          I can't prove this, but I believe this bag seed plant is WAY hardier than any of the high THC strains.
          Once August started, my vegetables right there, started getting PM and some insects, mostly Thrips.I had to rip out all my squash, cucumbers, half the tomato plants. I don't use any pesticides, next year will try something natural I can make at home, but none of the stuff from Big Ag.
          Big Girl has no signs of PM and the bugs have mostly avoided it.
          I find this very interesting, and I think I'm right.
          Other plants, mostly food crops, have been developed for maximum food and lost the ability to fight off insects and diseases. I think that has happened to MJ as well.
          I don't have any science to prove that, but I think it's a good guess.

• dirtymike
          dirtymike commented
          Editing a comment
          The wind created by the HVAC is probably keeping the leaves and buds dry and PM at bay. Perfect environment for cannabis. The water coming out of the drain is usually neutral PH. After it mixes with the soil it picks up NPK. Bag seed is a gamble at best. Ive had more mutants that way. Harvest will be wild!

I wish I had neighbors that were cool with me growing outside. They were complaining when I had 2 plants in totes on my patio, HOA got involved and everything. I ended up just moving them into a tent in the house. I'm in AZ and far enough away from a dispo so it shouldn't have been a problem, but I didn't want to make waves. Nice tree though! I hope you have a bountiful harvest.

Comment

Very very nice! Wish I could grow outdoors. I'd love to bring something like that to harvest. Congratulations
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X