Wishes can come true :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishes can come true :)

Today, Thursday, March 2, Attorney General Jeff Sessions finds himself in a world of shit. The beady-eyed hobgoblin of the marijuana industry’s nightmares

All I have to say is LMFAO!

As much as I am exhausted from "politics" this week, it is encouraging to think that maybe Sessions will be too busy with scandal to deal with the evil menace that is marijuana. Unfortunately, four years is a long time and if he can avoid perjury charges he and others like him will continue to try and crack down on states that have or are trying to pass medicinal and recreational use. As a physician who has both practiced and taught Internal Medicine at a prestigious medical school in Boston for the last 20 years, I believe that every day we delay the proper study of marijuana for the treatment of pain, sleep disorders, anxiety, opiate abuse and dozens of other debilitating diseases is a travesty. (Sorry, I'm going to get off my soap box and sit with my plants for a while to calm down. )

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      NO, doc, don't get off your soapbox!!!! You are one of the experts who has to speak up for patients' rights!!!!!

Now my impression is that the administration is not against the medicinal use of cannabis, and I don't think Sessions will make Trump change his mind on that one. I personally doubt very much that Sessions, if he sticks around, is going to go hard on recreational use. I think the cannabis snowball is unstoppable now, will continue to gain momentum, and hopefully will squash Sessions. It's the dollar signs that will stop these guys. Sessions is just going to have to come into the 21st century, good ol boy that he is.....

Right alltatup, "No, doc don't get off your soapbox".

Like you, I'm in the NE part of the USA and I'm sure you know opiate abuse is a "Real Topic" and restrictions and tighter control of the medication seems to be the only solution. I believe I have read on this forum, about several people getting off the opioids and using weed to control their pain. I have a funny feeling that the people who use weed over opiates to control pain, are not becoming addicted to the weed, are not moving on to heroin, and are not stealing and killing.

My point is that we need people like you who are willing to look into these issues with intelligence and openness. In my case I am just a common person, I don't understand the medical or political process. I am here to learn how to grow, my wife has been battling stage 4 breast cancer for almost 9 years now, (she is in a good place, no sign of any active disease) but you know at stage 4 there are no more stages, and as treatments become less and less effective, well. My wife of almost 40 years, is not a pill person, but has indicated that she might try weed for the control of pain, when that time comes. So here I am trying to prepare for that time. I, We need people like you help!

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for sharing, Caveman!!! You describe real life and the situations we face. I watched my father suffer from all kinds of opiate complications before he died, and I was so disgusted with the lack of knowledge that made him suffer. At the very end of his life, morphine was the only thing that helped his pain, but final stage is completely different. I hope the very best for your wife, and she is lucky to have you by her side. VERY LUCKY.

That's why we need people like Newf. I wish I had your gifts, talents, and desire to find out. My hat goes of to you sir, and thank you for all your efforts. I know I'm not the only one feels this way. Again thank you.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X