Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these structures growing on main nodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are these structures growing on main nodes?

Hello growers!

Back again with a question I can't find the answer to.
    There are these odd pointed structures emerging from the nodes on the main stem along with small bud sights that grew out a singular pistol and then turned brown prematurely.
    This isn't all over the plant, since all the colas still have nice white pistols emerging.
    My female just started week 3 in the flowering stage, and moderate pruning was done with these structures already present. I didn't touch them because I didn't know what they were.
    I'm not sure what I am looking at here. Should this be a cause for concern? Worse comes to worse, I am assuming signs of hermies.

unknown genetics, indica-dom, photoperiod in a 5 gal cloth pot.

Attached Files

Them's what we call calyxes. Preflowers. Girl parts, if you will. I hope you were going for females. You won't get males with girl parts like those!
    It's okay to touch them. They don't mind.
    Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I second that blonde business woman

Yes, they are calyx, those ones look very female to me also. They may never open but if they do you will see pistols poke out.

I just leave them when they appear like that.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        I am no longer a blonde business woman. Something came up.

Thank you both! You subdued my paranoia of hermie cannabis!

Yes, I am going for females all the way. If I wasn't, her male sibling would still be with us. I still miss him dearly because he was a great-looking plant! ;(

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X