Leaf discoloration, wilting and dying. PH is fine, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf discoloration, wilting and dying. PH is fine, please help

Hello all, I have 4 plants going in a 4x4x6 tent, with a vented 600 watt hid light system, and just recently switched them over to flowering a few days ago after nearly two months of vegging. They are getting a bit too big and my tent is getting crowded. I've been noticing a few things happening with the leaves lately that I am concerned about. Some of them have an overall discoloring (yellow/brownish), some leaves are like rotting away, wilting, dying, and eventually fall off. Alot of this is happening on the lower portions.

I am using the popular Fox Farms soil (forgot the actual name, maybe ocean something?), have fed them GH flora nova grow every other feeding. They have been using alot of water and I've been overall feeding them about every other day. Temp and humidity have been monitored and have been fine. Runoff has been tested often and has consistently been between 6 and 7. What could be causing this? Should I be concerned? I'm thinking it may have to do with lack of light toward the bottom or perhaps the humidifier was oversaturating the leaves and started killing them? Thoughts?

Hi fuzzy and welcome to the forum!!! I know that Nebula would ask to see a picture of the whole plant, so if you can post that, it will help with the diagnosis. I just finished my second grow in hydro, so I will keep my mouth shut and listen to what others will say.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I think the reason you are watering so often is because the pots you are using are a little too small for the plant.
      completed 7 grows
      what I have learned so far:
      environment maters more than nutrients
      at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
      effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

What they said. But also, it is normal for older leaves down low on the plant to die off when the real action is happening up at the growth tips. The plant starts taking nutrients away from the lower leaves to send up high. The lower leaves fade, wilt, and then fall off. You could clip them off a little early, and your plant will grow more up top where you want it.
        Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Flockshot View Post
          I think the reason you are watering so often is because the pots you are using are a little too small for the plant.
          No way, I'm using 5 gallon pots. That is plenty big for my plants.

Comment

Shots of the full plants

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow, AWESOME PLANTS!!! And there you can see pretty clearly in those pics that the leaves at the base are pretty much in darkness.

Wow nice looking tent full. You might check the PPMs the soil might have used up it's nutes, should be feeding about 1000-1200 during flowering.
            also how long age did you stop veg nute and start flower nutes.?
            A man believes what a man desires to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordo41 View Post
              Wow nice looking tent full. You might check the PPMs the soil might have used up it's nutes, should be feeding about 1000-1200 during flowering.
              also how long age did you stop veg nute and start flower nutes.?
              Thank you for the compliment. First time grower too! I don't know anything about PPM. Do you have any recommended reading or tips regarding it? And since I flipped over to flower a few days ago, I fed them half strength veg nutrients and they haven't gotten any flower nutes yet. Will probably start at half strength tomorrow.

Comment

hi fuzzy. welcome. here's an explanation of what PPM is (acronym for parts per million) and how/why to monitor it throughout your grow...

PPM is a unit of measurement for tracking how much "stuff" is in your water. This is useful for growing cannabis as well as making sure your water is safe!

basically it's a way for you to check your nutes on the uptake side--you can check going in obvs by tracking how much you feed, but measuring ppm allows you to check the outgoing direction to see if/how much nutrients your plant has taken in...

"i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

Originally posted by bobsakamoto View Post
                hi fuzzy. welcome. here's an explanation of what PPM is (acronym for parts per million) and how/why to monitor it throughout your grow...

PPM is a unit of measurement for tracking how much "stuff" is in your water. This is useful for growing cannabis as well as making sure your water is safe!

basically it's a way for you to check your nutes on the uptake side--you can check going in obvs by tracking how much you feed, but measuring ppm allows you to check the outgoing direction to see if/how much nutrients your plant has taken in...
                Great! Thank you. I will read that link.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X