No announcement yet.

Day 10, noticed tips turning brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAaarrgghhh!!! My question is not when will it grow the most. My question is always, 'Why isn't it growing faster?' But that is because I am ginger and inherently impatient.
    Once you get past the three week mark you should see the plant takeoff. Me, personally, after that three weeks it all goes the same.
    Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

I noticed that the sides of the leaves started to curl, should I worry about it? I’m sorry if I’m being annoying, I overthink a lot and that can’t let me sleep at night
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1992.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	4.26 MB
ID:	627001
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        A seedling that size with those high temps I'd have inside on a window sill during the heat of the day and only put it out morning and late afternoon until the hot spell had passed.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I find autos do not do well outside of their comfort range, to hot to cold to dry to wet negatively affect these girls.

• shadycon
        shadycon commented
        Editing a comment
        Shade cloth creates heat, you need ventilation. a fan to move air.

Ok so I got another question, should I start feeding her nutrients now, or I should wait to see some deficiencies?
      The biobizz nutrient schedule says that the vegetative stage is covered by the nutrients that the soil has, or that applies for photoperiod plants?

Comment

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes the soil will have nutrient but I still like to feed at 1/4 or 1/2 strength anyways to preserve the naturally occurring nutrients and allow the breakdown process to continue without tapping into it much once I have 4 or 5 nodes. You currently have 1 so for now I would practice how to water correctly and allow the soil to feed your plant but once your plant has 4 or 5 nodes I think it would be best to start feeding it with the nutrient of your choice.

Can you get through veg with only water? Probably but I would hate to flip a plant in soil that is low in nutrient.

• lookevit
        lookevit commented
        Editing a comment
        I understand, my plant now is growing like 4 new leaves, and they look healthy, if I haven’t made a mistake so far when watering I guess I’m watering the right way, every 1-2 days because it’s really hot. Thank you!

When we talk about a soil being 'hot' that means it is chock full of nutrients. As you water, the runoff will flush, and roots will remove nutrients so it cools off. Usually, the nutrients are meant for vegging plants and flowering nutrients are needed when it comes time.
      Listen to what Biobizz has to say.​
      Your next question is when will your plant start flowering. I go with 5 weeks in an auto. It probably starts earlier, but that's what I go with. Take a look at the GWE website about sexing a plant. That will show you what girl parts look like for comparison on your plant.
      Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Hello, what could cause these leaves to turn brown, they feel crispy too.

Name:	IMG_2106.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	628143

Name:	IMG_2105.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	628142
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm going to try not to sound too technical: Shit happens.
          Those tips are probably from the issues you were having at the beginning of your grow. I have never had a grow without at least some tips being browned. The rest of the leaves look fine.
          Something for the future. What you have is old damage and there is nothing to be done. The tips are brown and dry. If they were light green, yellow, or some other necrotic looking color, it would be new damage you can have a bona fide worry storm about.
          Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
            I'm going to try not to sound too technical: Shit happens.
            Those tips are probably from the issues you were having at the beginning of your grow. I have never had a grow without at least some tips being browned. The rest of the leaves look fine.
            Something for the future. What you have is old damage and there is nothing to be done. The tips are brown and dry. If they were light green, yellow, or some other necrotic looking color, it would be new damage you can have a bona fide worry storm about.
            I never fed her nutrients because I was scared to not overfeed her, should I feed her only veg nutrients or should I add flowering nutrients too? I have Biobizz bio-grow, bio-bloom, top max and calmag. I’m saying that because she is showing some pistils on two nodes, is that pre-flower?

Comment

Remember back to the beginning. We figured Biobizz is too hot for seedlings. That is when the burn happened. As you have been watering, the soil has cooled.
              You are about 3 weeks into growing an autoflower. Those little hairs are preflower. I would start with half a dose of flowering nutes. Work your way up if the plants can handle it.
              How about a shot of the whole plant?
              Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
                Remember back to the beginning. We figured Biobizz is too hot for seedlings. That is when the burn happened. As you have been watering, the soil has cooled.
                You are about 3 weeks into growing an autoflower. Those little hairs are preflower. I would start with half a dose of flowering nutes. Work your way up if the plants can handle it.
                How about a shot of the whole plant?
                Ok so right now it’s day 28, end of week 4. It’s dark right now and the plant is a bit droopy, I don’t worry about that because it happens every night then in the morning it comes back to normal. Last pictures were taken 3 days ago

Name:	IMG_2112.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	628170

Name:	IMG_2113.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	628171

Name:	IMG_2087.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	628172

Name:	IMG_2086.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	628173

Comment

If you do a time-lapse of your plants, it will look like they are waving. Maybe trying to fly.
                  Did you repot? Looks like a new bag and fresh soil.
                  Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

• lookevit
                    lookevit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No I didn’t repot. If it’s in pre-flower, what are the chances for it to grow big? I think it will stay small forever..

• Bluey
                    Bluey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It would normally start stretching soon if it's going to flower

Looks like she is coming along nicely.

It's still very small and as you say may be in preflower.

At this stage I wouldn't make any major changes. Given its size even small changes can have an impact so just go cautiously.
                  Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                  Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                  Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
                  Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
                  Last Grow: A mix

Comment

It is not going to get big, it is only to get about 30" tall in best conditions. Only about 5 weeks left in her grow cycle.

Comment

No repot. But man, you got some clean bags!
                      I just noticed your soil level. Not nearly enough.
                      Don't worry about growing a tree. What would you have learned with a perfect first? Your plant will grow. Don't worry too much about anything, at this point. You made it through the terrible two's (weeks). Keep with manufacturers recommendations on the bloom nutes and you are good to go.
                      Unless it is a bad pheno, you will get something to smoke/vape/extract/eat.
                      Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6

Comment

• lookevit
                        lookevit commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, I filled almost the entire pot with soil but after watering a few times the level dropped. Was I supposed to add a little more? Another thing, I am happy if I get like 20 grams, because I’m a begginer smoker and I smoke with tobacco because it’s too strong for me. I’m a huge cig addict too

Where there is soil, there are roots. A good practice is to keep the soil within a couple inches of the top of the pot. If you get close in at the bottom of the stalk of your plant, a couple inches above the soil, you might see little whiteish bumps. Those whiteish bumps want to be roots. If they get covered with soil, they will be roots.
                      If you think to top (fill) with fresh Biobizz, don't. That is a hot veg soil. Making, say, a 50% mix of Biobizz and something inert like coco will keep from burning the plant. Also, you will need less veg nutes as you go along.
                      Another idea would be to flush the hell out of the Biobizz before topping.
                      Still another idea is to add something totally inert like coco/perlite. You will soon be getting into flowering nutes and will have scant need for veg nutes.

Raygun is hip-hop.

Coco/perlite
                      3x3x6

Comment

• Bluey
                        Bluey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If he fills the pot he'll bury the entire plant. It's very small you know

• Gingerbeard
                        Gingerbeard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Meh. Get rid of the one and three finger fans.

I agree with Gingerbeard

Remove the one and 3 fingered leaves and fill the pot to within an inch of the top.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X