Second Lush Garden Grow Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Second Lush Garden Grow Question

I have just started a second grow of Lush Garden refill (Strawberry Cheesecake) and it has me questioning myself. The leaves are not showing the classic leaf pattern and has me concerned the seed is not the product I purchased. Hoping the last three weeks were wasted due to a bad seed especially with the heat wave my area is experiencing. I have emailed the company but due to the holiday this week I do not expect a reply for a few days with them catching up on customer service emails, so I am also reaching out to this community. Has anybody seen something like this??

Don't think that's weed.

Comment

Might be a strange pheno or strain?
      If you gently rub a leaf between two fingers you can get an early smell. To me, weed smells like weed once the leaves get their little fuzzy texture.
      If it ain't weed, I can tell you how to make the best pesto if you are willing to put in the effort.
      αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

It looks like a mustard plant.

Comment

At the price you paid for that I hope they replace the seed! BTW I wont be shopping there!

Comment

Sorry but that is not a cannabis plant, hope you hear back from the company and they make it right. Good luck

Comment

Perennial Basil perhaps?
              Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
              Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
              Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
              Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
              Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. Surprisingly customer service answered my email today and even they are unable to determine what plant it is. They will be speaking with Humboldt who supplies their seeds about the issue. Going to start another refill that was ordered at the same time to test if the other two refills have the same seed or just a one-off issue. Rwise yeah, I'm not thrilled at the cost, but I had no clue where to start, so I went with the whole kit setup in hopes of gaining some growing experience before buying supplies individually.  Luckily, I found this wonderful fountain of knowledge here and been reading up, so I don't have to keep buying from them.

Comment

Can you get a pic of the seeds?

Comment

Google said that plant is basil. I would hate being burned by a seed supplier. The GWE web site has 4 recommendations. If you can use any of them to get seeds to your part of the world I’d recommend it. Sorry about the ripoff.
                    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
                    Autopot system
                    : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
                    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
                    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

The plant could be cannabis if it has been heat stressed. That's what they look like if that happens.
                      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
                      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
                      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
                      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
                      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
                        Can you get a pic of the seeds?
                        Not what you were looking for I'm guessing, but without cutting open the sheet seed "pouch" in the middle, there is no way to show seed contained within, The kit contains a 5 gallon fabric pot, veg & flower fertilizers & dirt plastic bag that gets dumped into the fabric pot then this seedsheet on the dirt covering for 2 weeks with water only to germinate the seed. Here are the instructions that they provided: https://lush.garden/pages/guide2 which for my first grow worked OK for an auto (March to June in NYC area), just need to do more LST since quantity was lower than I hoped for (not enough colas).
                        Last edited by dmpmfd; 07-12-2024, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Allenpro
                          Allenpro commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Well that is just odd and the buds they show in a jar would not entice me to do business with them. I would cut my losses and go with a reputable seed bank or direct from the breeder. The cost of a seed is nothing compared to the time and money spent growing it.

At the top of this page in the green bar click on the "Seeds" link. Here is a good place to start.
                        They do this very much word will get around and they wont sell anything to anyone. Are they replacing it?

Comment

• dmpmfd
                          dmpmfd commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes they are replacing it. Just waiting on carrier to deliver package.

• Gingerbeard
                          Gingerbeard commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sweet! Still going to grow the mystery seed?

• Rwise
                          Rwise commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's stand up of them, good luck with the replacement!

Y'know, I can't find much on Lush.garden online. They were on Shark Tank. That's about it. A link that says they have 1,000+ 4.9 star reviews only gets you to their homepage. No reviews that don't come with studio portraits of the reviewers.
                        I appreciate what it is being sold as, but too gimmicky for me. I'm too much a skeptic.
                        But, hey. I was serious about that hands-on pesto recipe.
                        αspamΩ

Coco/perlite
                        3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
                          Rwise commented
                          Editing a comment
                          When I first read the first post my thought was scammer. Then I looked at the pic and had a good laugh and followed the link (usually dont do that). Some nice shinola, but no way would I lay my money down. He/She is not a scammer he/she got scammed (thats why I ask for pics of the seed). Another great option is pizza with basil tomatoes and mozzarella! (my girls luv this pizza!)

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X