Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Lemme Say Hi -Then Lets Diagnose: Mid & Lower Leaves Sick (Blotches, Brown Edges)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all love big sis. Thanks for the compassion.
    I honestly love how you've been with me since I started sharing my grow here. It definitely makes a difference having such a strong emotional support.

As you say, it's all part of the journey. I've definitely learned a lifetimes worth of lessons from this grow. Will be a much stronger grower with my next babies.
    I'm praying I can see my current daughters through to adulthood. We're so close to the finish line now.

To be honest, I don't know if it is nute burn. The classic signs of leaf tip discolouration aren't very present. So I don't think it is nute burn. It's probably a more complex form of too much solids in the growing medium. The fact I was getting ppm run-offs that were as high as 4000 scared one of the growers who commented on my other thread. He was saying run-off should be 1000 ppms MAX. God knows how long i've been giving my girls condensed feeds, cause i've only been using my EC/TDS pen to monitor for maybe 3 weeks now.

Funnily enough, now that I think about it, there is a difference between the GO feed chart i'm following which I found online and the feed chart that came with the GO bottles I bought.
    The online chart is in ml/gal. The chart with the bottles is in ml/10L.
    And there is a HUGE difference in what is recommended.

As an example:
    Online chart BioThrive Bloom recommended @week 5 = 10ml/gal
    Bottle chart BioThrive Bloom recommended @week 5 = 10ml/10L

So with the online chart, for my 3 gallon batch i'm adding 30 ml.
    Whereas with the bottle chart, for 3 gallons i'm adding 12 ml.

I've been following the online chart since the start of flowering, and never realized the differences between the two charts until after i'd been feeding for a while.
    Is it possible the concentration of THE EXACT SAME PRODUCTS is different depending on region? How can that be? It makes no sense...
    Originally posted by 420n808
    If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

I would definitely listen to the bottle and not an online chart, especially if the online chart is recommending more than what's listed on the bottle. The amount on the bottle is normally almost a maximum of what a plant can handle. It's rare to need to add more than what it recommends. It's possible that may be contributing to nutrient problems, especially if you're also noticing that the leaves are dark green (a sign of too much Nitrogen). In general it's recommended to start at half the recommended dose from the manufacturer, and listen to the plants to see if they need more than that. Possibly it's a typo on the online chart, or they're using it for a different growing medium (for example you generally need different levels of nutrients between soil, coco or hydro).

Comment

Armadillo, you will see your girls through harvest, dry and cure!! Then they will show all their gratitude for how much you have loved them when you smoke them!! We worship the Stealth Goddess cannabis, and she shows her gratitude!

I am totally here to support my fellow growers through the good and the bad. People here had my back on my second grow through a horrible case of root rot, kept telling me not to give up when I thought I was going to have to chuck the entire grow, and sure enough, the bud is excellent--plants were stunted by the root rot, but the results were great--just smaller than I had wished.

I'm posting a couple of pics of my sativas and the LST I've done cuz I didn't want them growing through the roof! The stretch is amazing: I've just had it going horizontally. This is such a different grow experience for me, but I've had the advantage of watching a friend on another forum grow the same strain. What I've learned: my sativa is a landrace (and I think yours is, too) and it's especially delicate with regard to over-feeding. So I have followed what my friend did, using nutes at like 1/4 strength of what's recommended at this stage. I anticipate a stretch that's going to go on for weeks. I see pre-flower pistils right now, but when I see buds, at that point I'll still have like 14 more weeks to go!!!

Here's my journal if you wanna follow along:

Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

My dear girl, that is absolutely AMAZING to read!! Thank you so much for sharing.
        It's really encouraging to hear you say you made it to harvest, even after you thought you'd have to throw out your grow. Well done!
        What a great place this forum is. Such a decent and loving community. But then again, what would you expect. Weed makes people super nice! =D

Amen to what you say big sis! I'ma make it to harvest and curing for sure. I love these girls deeply, and I have no doubt they love me too. We spend some great quality time together.
        The miracle of life is something amazing to contemplate and take a part in. I'm really grateful for this experience.

I can't wait to see how your current grow evolves. It's gonna be one hell of a ride. These sativas can be quite cheeky, haha.
        And +1 for that added tip that my girls might be a landrace. That's the exact kinda info I need, especially the part about being super sensitive to over-feeding. Nutes at 1/4 strength is not something I would have come up with on my own.
        I'ma definitely follow your grow journal. Gonna share the love! <3
        Originally posted by 420n808
        If you are new to growing, the first time you see the balls, you'll never forget the sight. You will know M-F from that point on.

Oh my days, now that this has happened to me... SO TRUE!!!

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen brotha. I got the stems all tied away from the lights.

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed in your journal that you have the lights underneath the growing girls. I'm curious if those are your only lights, and why you would choose such a method?

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          That's how my grow box is built: see below. I got 400 watt HPS above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	3.86 MB
ID:	84956
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          It was the best choice for me to make as an absolute beginner. It wasn't cheap, but I used inheritance money, my pops looked down from wherever in the cosmos he was groovin that day and said, u go girl. Grow dat weed.

It's small and stealthy. I had no idea my friends would love what I grew so much, so I really need to be able to grow more than 4 plants at once; not sure what moves I might make in the future to be able to grow more...

• GreenArmadillo
          GreenArmadillo commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you could increase your light output, hence increasing your yield. Seems the best option for remaining stealthy..
          You reckon you could maybe have 800 watts HPS in there without things getting out of hand? Or maybe even LEC! <3

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I won't mess with the lighting in the box because they calculated it correctly for me, but I am going to get a smaller grow box for vegetation.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X