Stupid led question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid led question

I am supposed to have both the flower switch and the grow switch on in flower yes?? Just imagined i was introducing the flower colors to complete the full spectrum? Just wondering...

My LEDS don't offer that option but I say more is better . Cant hurt . Just adding more of certain spectrams I assume .
    Someone smarter than us will chine in here I am sure .
    2-4X4 tents, 1200 WATT LED'S in Promix Organic with worm castings , vermiculite, and bone meal with Island Nutes and 7 gal grow pots

Comment

Plants don't need different spectrum in veg and flowering stage. We use different spectrum because of HID Bulbs weaknesses. MH bulbs emit good blue/red ratio but they are much less efficient than HPS bulbs(around 100 lumens per watt vs 150 lumens per watt of HPS). Although HPS bulbs have great intensity but they have weak blue/red ratio. We use HPS for flowering just because they are red-rich(that encourage flowering) and much intense than MH. We satisfy some blue color to gain light intensity. This blue deficit of HPS makes plants to stretch more but it is better for flowering than MH.

In flowering you can easily double light intensity without reaching too much light for photoperiod plants(in fact if you double light intensity you actually gave you plants less than 33percent light per day) so switch on everything you have on your LED panel.

Comment

The manufacturer of the light I have said to turn both on during flowering.

Comment

Absolutely, both switches on during bloom cycle. The more light (and spectrum) the better.

Comment

Yeah definitely you want both switches on in flowering. I'd go as far as to say you want them both on as soon as possible, as soon as your plants can take all the light.
            I have a P300 LED and on my auto grow I clicked the bloom switch at 4 weeks, next time around I'll try 3 weeks I think.
            Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

Found 3 out of 6 males today. Bummer. The 3 crazy miss hydes were my feminized seeds and the blue dream seed given to me and the 2 lemon kush seedlings I got are male too.. Guess that is cool the money i spent worked lol.. These are the 3 left.. More room for light i guess
              Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X