Outdoor ‘24 and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor ‘24 and a question

Just posting an update of my attempts to grow outdoors up here in Minnesota. All in 5 gal bags of coco loco. Dyna-grow nutrients.

The first pic is a mystery seed I obtained from Jamaica. Who know wtf will happen with this gal but fun to watch.

The next two are some free bubble gum photoperiod seeds sent from seed supreme.

Next we have a Girl Scout Cookie auto from seed supreme in nice bloom. I think it’s around day 55 if my notes are correct. It started slow due to a cold May here but then took off. We’ll see what happens.

Last is a Gorilla Glue Auto seedling from ILGM started a week ago.

In the background are a variety of heirloom tomatoes. Fun to grow stuff outdoors without space restrictions and to really see how much power the sun has. Wild stuff.

On to my question: my latest indoor grow turned out to be meh. Nice looking plants but the buds didn’t fatten up as nicely as I hoped. Nice smell, taste and decent potency. I think I didn’t train properly and didn’t get good air/light exposure.

My first inclination was to upgrade my tent and lights but I think I want to learn how to grow optimally in my small setup before upgrading. What are some things I should focus on for my next grow?

I’m essentially running Nebula’s $300 setup. HLG LED in a 2x2x4 tent. Last grow was 2x5gal pots (I think too much for the space). Should I focus on training/defoliating? Different nutrients (I do Dynagro and cal mag)? Meticulous pH analysis? Long story short: I want one or two things to really focus on to learn my setup rather than change a bunch of variables all at once.

mahalo

In a tent that size I think one photoperiod properly mainlined and manifolded with good LST in a 5/7gal pot would do great, but you really have some severe height limitations and not much room to stretch it out.

Focus on keeping temps tight and on the lower side and same with RH. As much light as she'll take.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X