Nutrient Burn or Nutrient Deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient Burn or Nutrient Deficiency?

Please look at the photo of my 4 week old Northern Lights Auto and tell me if you think this is nutrient Burn or nutrient deficiency. Thanks!!

I'm not certain exactly what it is, but it doesn't look like nutrient burn to me. Nutrient burn will make the tips of your leaves look brown/burnt, but wouldn't cause stripes and spots on the leaves themselves.

Have you been checking the pH? Did anything different happen right before you started seeing symptoms (new supplement, heat wave, foliar spray, etc)?

Comment

Thanks for looking at this Nebula. I check ph daily and try to keep just under 6. It will occasionally sneak up to 6.5 but I correct. I'm using the recommended dosage of flora trio nutes, CalMsg and HydroGuard. The White Widow in the same tub doesn't look nearly as bad. Just some of the same rusty yellow blotching on a few lower leaves. The only thing I can think of is that up until yesterday I had 5 plants in this tub. Just moved 2 to their own tub. Maybe the 5 plants were depleting the nutes? I attached 2 new photos from today. Thanks I really appreciate your expert opinion.

Comment

Are the roots brown at all? If it happened right after you moved plants, I wonder if they possibly are affected by root rot, since that seems to happen more often when roots get disturbed, especially when they're young. Did you also change the reservoir water? Could the roots have been damaged in the move? How are the other plants doing (the ones that got moved out)?

Can you post a picture of the roots (without moving them as best you can)? I know you're using Hydroguard which normally prevents root rot, but I figure we should cover our bases! The smaller plant seems basically fine, I wouldn't worry much about that one, but the other plant is freaking out like it's very unhappy 😒 To be honest, I've never seen quite that response before. But there's only so many things the plant needs, so we just need to figure out what's missing. Its possible it somehow got shocked when the composition of the reservoir changed. If that's the case it may just need time and TLC.

Can you post a picture of all your plants in their setup under the grow light? It's great to hear your other plants are doing well! But I also know that it's frustrating when just one plant is unhappy. You know you're doing something right because every other plant is fine!

Comment

• Flockshot
          Flockshot commented
          Editing a comment
          I need to remember that. "There's only so many things the plant needs"

Hi again Nebula. As you asked, I posted new photos of my set-up. The grow is now just over 4 weeks old.

The tub on the right has the original net pots with a slow Amenisia Haze, a healthy White Widow and the sick Northern Lights with the mysterious yellow leaves but I've pruned most of the worst ones off. I'm hoping it's starting to recover, as you said, with some TLC. The tub on the left has the net pots I moved over. A Super Skunk and another Amnesia Haze. They are slow but seem healthy.

I think I may know the cause of the yellow blotchy leaves and general lime color of the Northern Lights plant. When I was moving the two net pots over to the new tub, the Northern Lights net pot fell through and into the tub. I tried to resettle it carefully but I think the roots were badly disturbed and perhaps some were damaged. I think this may have caused the leaf distress. Hopefully the roots will recover and the plant will regain its health. I'm afraid that because it is an auto strain that will make it much tougher, but we'll see.

Thanks for for your attention to the problem. Maybe this will be a good lesson for other growers, especially with autos. Be careful not to disturb the roots during early growth.

Comment

I hope their roots recovered, let us know how they're doing!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X