Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weed "strains". how safe is it that you get whats on the box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weed "strains". how safe is it that you get whats on the box?

Now that weed is legal where i live, i started growing some cheap random strain i got on sensi seeds to start learning.

But I now realized, the first time ever I'm in a position to (maybe) reliably get the exact effect I'm looking for consistently.

So I wonder, how reliable is it really? did some of you grow the same strain again and notice a difference? (same seed bank / different seed bank ?)

And how can you make sure to really get the genetics you are looking for and not pay some premium for sth like GSC or GG#4, but end up with some random no name strain.

is there some quality control for seed banks? And what seed banks would you recommend for buying seeds for Original Glue by GG strains, Gelato by Cookie fam genetics, or Zkittlez from Dying Breed Seeds?

and can you really get the award winning genetic of a cannabis cup winner?

I think with strains like "OG Kush" or "Blue Dream" where a lot of people claim to have "invented" it, its almost hopeless to get the real stuff, resulting in the "OG Kush" of one dispensary having completely different genetics to the next. But what about Sunset Sherbet from Cookie Fam Genetics, or Gorilla Glue #4 (GG4) from GG Strains, or Zkittlez from Dying Breed Seeds. if you pay the premium for their genetics, do you get the same strain every time?

Like you said. It all depends on the brand. If you want a strain from a well known reputable brand then it's best to buy from a bank that works together with them. For example I use attitude seed bank. It's based on the UK and it's the biggest bank in the world. Has over 200 brands and you can choose a strain from dying breed seeds and receive it in the original packaging

Some brands are constantly just crossing whatever they got and selling it and others make their own versions of well known strains. Better to look for banks associated with the original breeders and buy from them. Sensi is a reputable brand but I think they lost most of their genetics a few years ago and had to breed them again. So can't expect the same exact plants from the 90s. But that's a rare case.

Comment

Here where I am if buying from a seller in my country you have almost zero chance of getting what is advertised.

A lot of the seed comes out of Spain and from what I've seen you can end up with anything....feminised seed being male is a common problem so likely the genetics are just random.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Could this thread be one of the threads from the other thread?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X