Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think it's salvageable?

Here's the problem.
    When making RSO out of the White Widow CBD, I forgot to decarboxylate one batch, making it all but ineffective for topical usage or in edibles.

Proposed solution:
    I can take an oil like MCT, butter or even vegetable oil, dissolve the RSO into it and then raise the temperature of the solution to 245 - 250°F and hold it at that temp for 30 min or longer. So you think that would work?

If I put the RSO in the oven at 245F, it'll burn on me or turn into tar. I think using the oil as a buffer and as a heatsink to break apart the THCa molecule without damaging the product itself might actually be possible.

It would be a shame to throw it out. It's 2.5oz of awesome CBD bud. When I take some, I feel like I'm walking on clouds. Everything feels so gentle and pain free like moving in water. Very very effective.

Anyone ever try something like this? Anyone have any ideas of this will work?
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
    http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

It's completely useful in all edibles that require heat, or anything you'd bake.

It can also be added to smoke or vape, although it may not be too pleasant, try it out.

I wouldn't be throwing it away.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Def not throwing it out. It will be used ... Just need extra steps unfortunately.

Here's my experience with shatter.
    When decarbing extracts, the secret is in the bubbles, not good timing. Really, not even temperature.
    Put your extract in a clear jar. When things get up to temperature, your RSO should start bubbling like a glass of soda. When the bubbles are done, you are decarbed. It could take 30 minutes. It could take 60 minutes.
    Using my laser thermometer, I keep the temperature of the extract at about 235°.
    Honest to honesty, decarbing extracts is much easier than decarbing weed. My honey butter is a local legend.
    Dab, you fool!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that's what I will be using. I have one of those laser thermometers. At first I didn't see the need, but as I used it more and more. I realized how important temperature stability is to getting successful end results.
      My thinking is it would only take about 10 min maybe 15 to decarb an extract. It doesn't need any chemical reaction it's heat that makes the CBD and THC more available. The ones I did correctly are freaking amazing. I'm sure this one might be fine too. Who knows might be better because it wasn't heat treated before extraction. Might have more terps that will stay within the oil itself hopefully. Maybe. Dammit WE NEED MORE SCIENCE ON THIS STUFF!! So many questions and variables, so little backed answers.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      The science is done.
      Research CBD decarbing specifically. 10-15 minutes is not enough. The thing about decarbing an extract that liquifies (shatter, RSO, resin) is you can see it happen and see when it is done.

Keep it in the mason jar it is in and seal it well with a lid. Process in a pressure cooker, 15 psi which will get you 250*F, for 27 minutes by the chart. That should decarb it. Maybe use a small amount as a test batch first. What ever you do, don't toss it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DECARB CAHRT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.1 KB ID:	625370
    Last edited by Ckbrew; 06-21-2024, 11:47 AM.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      The pressure cooker was my other thought... Though 27 min seems way excessive. At 15psi probably 3-5 min for a gram of extract should be plenty. The benefit with the pressure cooker is accuracy.
      For flower, yes I agree about 30 min @ 15psi is good.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X