Storage after curing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage after curing

I've had some buds curing for about 7 months now. Since the moisture levels are quite stable, is it ok to move them from glass quart jars to glass 1/2 gallon jars? I used Nebula's curing guide and it said not to use 1/2 gallon jars. These buds were my first grow so better to ask first.

If the RH in the jar is below 60% then that should be fine.

I have gallon size jars I use once I'm around 58% and if storing for a long time I'll then vacuum pack and freeze it. If vacuum packing it, make sure there is zero protruding stems as they will easily puncture the bags.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

I still use qt.mason jars and vacuum seal the jar with the humistat in there. Keep in a dark place and they last for years. Yes the cannabis can lose some color but the flavor and smell remain the same. I have not seen any loss of potency at all.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        With a food vacuum sealer. You can buy bags or tubes. They are designed for freezing food stuff.

• WolfMansBrother
        WolfMansBrother commented
        Editing a comment
        I never thought to vacuum seal a mason jar...

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Huh? No. You don't put the jar in the bag, just the bud

I have an old foodsaver
      vacuum that came with attachments for mason jars with wide and small mouth lids. I know the newer ones allow you to vacuum seal jars.. it works great for me just hard to break rhe seL sometimes.

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have a link to the sealers that can do jars
        Last edited by Bluey; 06-16-2024, 09:57 AM.

I've used the Foodsaver brand but there are many others out there check Amazon.

Comment

Anyone ever try the vac-seal smart lids? Also there are the cure bags i ran across on amazon. Im all about trying different methods for stuff. Im going to try both of these... but im still 5 months from that point.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X