How to increase EC/ PPM (DWC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to increase EC/ PPM (DWC)

Hey guys , I’m a brand new grower starting in a DWC setup. this is about the newbiest question I could ask, but for some reason I can’t find information I trust about how to adjust the ppm/EC levels of your dwc res.

so I know if EC/PPM level is too high, you can just dilute with water. That parts pretty simple. But in the case you need to raise your ppm levels, can you just put nutrients directly into the res?

im asking because of the order you need to mix initial nutrients, and with that in mind I’m not sure if adding nutrients directly into the res would cause some type of nutrient lockout?

all your responses are sincerely appreciated, I try to do my research before posting any questions. Thank you and have a great day

Add silica first if using it then your veg &/or bloom.

If you are getting complex with trace elements etc or need to add more nutes just dilute in water first before adding to the reservoir.

Its good practice to do the same with pH up/down.. dilute first then add.

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• SkinnieP
      SkinnieP commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X