Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Grow White Widow / Biscotti Slow growth unhealthy plants dying dry leafs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First Grow White Widow / Biscotti Slow growth unhealthy plants dying dry leafs.

Hello,

First time grower will provide some background and steps I have taken.

White Widow / Biscotti Fem photo's
    Vivosun VS1000 full spectrum light
    Panda Wrap to wrap walls of a partial closet space
    Starter soil (4/7) Foxy Farm Happy Frog
    Transplanted (On 4/29) into Foxy Farm Ocean Forrest
    Fan on 24/7
    Light Schedule 18/6 since start
    Once a week 17-4-17 blue juice from the nursery thinking this would improve their health.

They have been looking very unhealthy for the past 2 weeks or so and i feel the growth has been overall slow. I feel as if I have been under watering them but was watering once a day or every day and half however I think Ive been only watering top half of the soil (Im now going to feel how heavy the pots are and water til it comes out the bottom)
    Also i will be purchasing a humidifier since most of the time my humidity is 45% or less.
    Any more information or anything please dont hesitate to ask!

Thank you!
    PS Will be attempting a different way to link photos working on it now.
    Last edited by apocalypse619; 05-23-2024, 07:27 PM.

Sorry i tried using a google album link and it wouldn't work.
    Using a converted closet floor size roughly 2x3 using 1 gal buckets with holes drilled in it.
    These images are from 4/29-5/22
    Last edited by apocalypse619; 05-23-2024, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I thought i was over watering at first as well however this is what they look like today compared to yesterday after a full soak til water came out the bottom. They have also been out of the grow room since yesterday. They have drastically perked up since yesterday.
      Last edited by apocalypse619; 05-23-2024, 06:22 PM.

Comment

The benefit you have there, is the bucket. Just lift it! The weight will tell you all. If you need references, take another bucket and fill it with dry soil. If it's 3x as heavy as the dry, you're over watering. That's probably what's causing the droop. Let it dry. They will bounce back. They are photos so you can recover.

The other problem might be that 17-4-17 fertilizer. You don't need that much potassium in veg. Nitrogen might be okay but phosphorus might be low.

Ocean Forest should have plenty nutrients to get you flower without having to add anything. I wouldn't give them anymore nutrients and focus on better watering practices. You also need holes in those buckets so that the soil doesn't get anaerobic at the bottom.

Give those a try and see what happens. The plants aren't in "lost cause" phase. They do have the potential to bounce back.

Happy growing and good luck 👍
        Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:

🪴 Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower
        🪴 Acapulco Gold (B/W Label NASC) *autoflower
        🪴 Bloody Runtz (Going2fast) *autoflower
        🪴 Hot Cakes (Going2fast)*autoflower
        🪴 Pound Town (Humboldt Seed Co)*autoflower
        🪴 Cherry Pie (B/W Label NASC)*autoflower

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
        🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
          No3odiesShad0w commented
          Editing a comment
          I would also recommend moving to a bigger bucket once they get healthier....1 gal bucket you'll get maybe half an ounce to an ounce. Soil growing is all about volume and most problems work themselves out.

Each bucket has 7 holes total 1 in middle and 6 around the outer ring. I raised the light a bit more (Should drop the heat a bit) and will work on finishing the room so it looks less slapped together (Trying to get tacks into paneling about killed my thumb few weeks ago when i put this together) I will get some 3 1/2 gallon buckets for when they look healthier.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I'd recommend next water push it out a bit as the others have said. Make sure your pots have air under them and not sitting in water.

Looks like they are coming good so I wouldn't bother flushing them at this stage. A flush would shock them but also wash the fertiliser out of the soil as they have been smashed early on with too much.

Your temp are too high and your RH too low as you have realised.

I'd recommend 5gal pots as a minimum for photos but depends on your strategy. I prefer to use 13gal pots for photos. Currently using some 7.5gal pots and one of mine is badly root bound in that, but it's been vegged too long waiting for the others to catch up. More holes in the bottom is better.

You appear to have a PH problem.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X