Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL First timer - silica and enzymes

Hey all!

I think this auto is preparing to go now? I noticed a slight claw on a couple of tips yesterday and she is due a feed tonight so I'm thinking it may be time to switch to bloom stage nutrients?

I've got some AN Rhino skin and enzymes and I was wondering if they were okay to add to the water with nutrients? I water every 3-3.5 days in soil and nutrients get added once a week, but if needed I could add the rhino skin/enzymes on the clear water watering (EC of 0.5 tbh, but dechlorinated).

I've seen a few contradictory posts with some saying silica can interfere with nutrients uptake if administered at the same time while others say just bang it in.

Any advice welcome to avoid me messing up anymore!
    ​​​​

Yes. Start mixing in bloom. If you think your leaves are showing high in N start with a stronger bloom.

I don't know what pH or EC to use but I'd push your watering out another day maybe..

If adding silica add it to the water 1st and mix thoroughly between each dose
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Using silica after flowering can impede your buds growth. Don't use it after veg.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I tend to agree with the above and reduce Silica once flowers start to develop down to zero once the stretch is done. I also do not like the thought of smoking silica.

Thank you both. I'll save the silica for vegging.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X