New to growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to growing

I have smoked marijuana for years and never tried to grow it. I have just got my medical license now. My wife bought me a quictent 16x16x48 grow tent, 300W LED full spectrum light, vivosun 4" 200 CFM in line fan. I was wondering what everyone else uses. I am planing on growing auto flowering plants one at a time. I've read about LST trying for the plants. What am I missing for equipment? What's the best soil? I have to many questions

Thanks for everyone's help

I like dwc myself

Comment

1/3 perlight promix. Works awesome plant 1 seed in a pot 5gal or bigger! Fabric pots are the best if money is tight make ur own planters with wood and window screen or any thin fabric.

Comment

What kind of led light do u have? And what is the actual wattage from the wall u need 50-60 watts per Square foot autos get to be roughly 1.5x 1.5 by 3feet high. I use 5gal pails from canadian tire and find the pots could be a bit bigger but they work, if u use plastic pots drill a thosand holes around the sides and the bottom. Ilgm seeds are awesome I'm growing blueberry auto from them and tangerine dream and candy cane from king crop and the ilgm blueberry are much bigger and grow a lot faster.

Comment

A couple things to get are nutrients, I use fox farm bigbloom, grow big, and tigerbloom, also get calimag. Get a acurite RH/temp gage 10bucks on ebay also a hydrofarm 3in 1 meter (moisture, light, PH) 10bucks on ebay u will need a Water PH scale 10bucks on ebay. You will also need PH down and up liquid. U can also buy flavor liquids to put in ur water come flower to make ur buds taste more like that flavor (optional) floranectar is one brand. Only use in flowering! U can also use mollases but if u do use a very small amount like half tsp per gal because in my exsperince autos get nute burn and toxic leavels quick. If u ever have questions u can message me anytime

Comment

Also look into co2 one product is exhale bags optium co2 levels are 1200-1500ppm normal air is between 300-400ppm. On the seed banks they will tell u 9-10 weeks to harvest or w.e that strain is, THAT IS UNDER OPTIUMAL conditions. They can grow around 18weeks. LED lights are all different I have a bestva 1000w works awesome 150bucks ebay I keep that one 18inchs away, just to keep that in mind not as strong lights need to be closer

Comment

Comment

Comment

Some tricks of autoflowers, plant the seed in the same pot u will harvest the plant in 5gal or over. Do not top the plant you will stunt the growth. If u use perlight 1/3 promix it will help u not over water ur plant I can pour a hole gal in my pots and at least 1/4 -1/2 gal pour out the bottom, it's a gd thing.

Comment

• yamiacaveman
                    yamiacaveman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think if you check with Green, he would have a different thought about topping auto's.

• tyler_ hobbyist
                    tyler_ hobbyist commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That would be correct green and others like topping autos I personaly don't like topping it's a personal preference lol

In sprout I water/fed 500ml every 3 days, in veg I watered/fed my way up to 1000ml every 3days and in flower 2000ml every 2days

Comment

You got a 4 feet tall tent. Keep in mind your plant will double or tripple in height during flower, and take in consideration the height of your LED and the suspension pluss a minimum distance to your plants when timing the 12/12 flower flip. As you state you read up on LST, a great way to manipulate the size of your plant. Good luck with your grow Packersfanatic, welcome onboard
                    Last edited by Xaliuz; 02-28-2017, 11:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• OzBud
                      OzBud commented
                      Editing a comment
                      there's no 12/12 flip with autos which they're planning to grow.

I got the small tent because I have 2 kids. The wife knew it would fit in our empty closet. Out of sight out of mind. I got a Viparspectra 300W LED. The description says it's equal to a HPS/MH. It uses only 136 watts. It said it's perfect for a 2x2x24. I also got a Amagabeli scrubber, Vivosun 203CFM 4" fan. I have to get duct work and a small oscillating fan for air movement.
                    Thanks for all the great info. Please keep it coming. Tyler_hobbyist do you think LST will work to reduce the height in that small tent? I was hoping I would run into any height issues. As soon allspice I get everything I will post pictures of it setup. Is eBay the best place to get your stuff? I've been using amazon. I also got my seeds through seedsman. Apparently not to many places ship to the US.

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                      Editing a comment
                      The 2x2 seems perfect for ya the viparspectra light is a good light from what I hear, never used it though. With such a small space LST training is very recomended. I dnt like topping autos but like green said u can top them they wount get very high but they will bush out ill post a pic of the same strail toped and one that isn't, blueberry from ilgm. I have never grown seedsman seeds they dnt ship to my location. The fans are perfect once budding starts they will smell is that a concern for u if so then il tell ya a cheap way to make a filter or u can buy one but there so damn exspesive lol. I switch back and forth from ebay and amazon for prices and shipping time. Amazon is always quicker for me but usualy a bit more in price, so it al depends how fast I need something lol

You can DEFINITELY top autos!!! Lst them low and wide...NO PROBLEM!! my finished autos range from
                    12" -15"

Comment

• tyler_ hobbyist
                      Editing a comment
                      My big blueberry auto is 28inchs 2day, day 26 of flower all that was done was some LST training to pull the branchs apart for more even light coverage

• Green75
                      Green75 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've been doing it at the third...keeping the third and cutting everything off under as well...(1&2)...I make one main trunk...main line them...

To each their own when it come to topping...autos or photos

• yamiacaveman
                      yamiacaveman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Green I'm new and willing to try.

I suggest you read the articles on GWE site. They cover nutrients, soil, coco, hydro, everything. They help you decide what is best for your situation.
                    completed 7 grows
                    what I have learned so far:
                    environment maters more than nutrients
                    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
                    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

I have been reading thexperience website religiously. The have wonderful information. I also bought Ed Rosenthal's marijuana growers handbook. I also believe that talking with other experienced people almost gives you better answers to questions.
                      I bought some seeds from seedsman.com don't I got 2 free blueberry auto's free. I also bought a 3 pack of auto seeds. They called it the mystery pack. Hopefully they are something good. I live in Maine so we don't see to many different strains up here.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X