X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL First Grow and Leaf Worries!

Hey all,

Glad to be here!
    I've recently decided to grow my own. I'm running a 2x4 tent with 200w full spectrum LEDs, this will be going up to 300w in the next week or two and maybe even some UVA/UVB (if it's worth it?). It's running at around 40% lighting ppfd 250ish.

Early on I had issues controlling humidity but I've got one of those automated fan/humidifiers where I can set vpd /temp/ humidity targets and it's been much more stable since. VPD sits around 0.9 at 24Β°C.

I'm around 2.5 weeks in and I'm a little worried about some damage to a leaf. I'd like to act quickly if anything needs to be done and I was hoping someone could have a look over this pic for me?

Growing medium is Terra Aquatica Light mix. There is a little bit of Mills Start-R and TA Fulvic in the solution. PH of water is 7 (soil is 5.5 so I haven't amended PH further attempts this early stage) dechlorinated but not distilled.

I have moved the light up by circa 6 inches (new ppfd around 200) since noticing this damage in case it is light stress but maybe I've messed up on nutrients/allowed pests into the area without knowing.

Any help to keep her up and running would be appreciated!

Thank you

​

This might help πŸ˜‰

Comment

UFO : High my friend, nice looking plant man ! I see your 2nd set of true leaves are starting , how far are the lights above her? In my opinion no nutes should be given this early in her young life, your soil should have all the necessary nutrients for her in her seedling stage that she's in now, when the vegetative cycle begins several weeks from now then i would start the feeding nutes regiment, also a good clean natural water source of 6.5 ph would be right on target, ph of 7 sounds a little high

Comment

How did you measure the soil pH? Did you use one of these probes you bought at the local garden/ hardware store? If you did, it's probably not too accurate as I've found.
        Keep your pH inputs in range for your medium. If in good soil in a good size pot and you don't under or overwater it you should do pretty well.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• ashflower
          ashflower commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Bluey, I have one of those simple soil testers too (it measures pH, light and moisture). How can I know if mine is accurate? I had my suspicions, since my happy plants seem to be growing in soil it says lives between 7-8, which is certainly too high for cannabis.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not accurate. I think they read in 0.5pH increments

Hey,

I have purchased a Hanna Groline PH and EC meter and following calibration it looks like the water PH is more like 6.8-6.9 and if I use distilled it's more like 6.3. I've trusted the manufacturer in terms of soil PH.

Composition -

Peatmoss Medium - 0,45m3

Black Peat RHP - 0,20m3

Perlite 1-6mm - 0,10m3

Browpeat Mix - 0,25m3

Limestone Extra 4,30 kg/m3

pH - 5,5 (5,0-6,0)

EC - 0,8 (0,6 - 1,0 ms/cm)

​​Things seem to have stabilised since lifting the light and I'm looking forward to seeing how this all goes!​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X