Ph adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph adjustment

I have been using General Hydroponics Ph UP and Down for 10 years. As mentioned on this site, Ph Down is strong stuff with only a few drops can bring down a gallon of liquid. However, Ph Up is not very strong and requires more to achieve a similar affect. What surprises me is how much Ph Up I have to use. My nutrients are the Fox Farm Dirty Dozen mixed in distilled water. The nutrient solution, before adjusting, is around 3.4. To get it to 6.5 I have to add 20ml of Ph Up. This seems like a lot. Certainly more than one is led to believe by the product details. What has been your experiences?

I just use the trio at 1/2 strength. My untreated well water has a pH of 5.3. When using all three I have to use about 5 ml/gal of GH pH up. Im pretty sure the Tiger bloom is the most acidic of the three. Not sure about the rest of the dirty dozen. Never used them.

Comment

I'm using more down than up. I don't need much. If I don't add calmag in flower I have to up it a bit. The Si I use in veg is around 8.2pH I think. My water is stored rainwater so that seems to vary a bit depending on rain amount and frequency.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X