SOS - Plant Nutrient Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOS - Plant Nutrient Feed

Folks, this is my third try and still not having any luck in growing anything. Been making subtle changes over each grow - reduce number of plants in the grow area, and increase air flow (can get quite warm above 38 C). The medium (always been) is a mixture of 30% perlite and 70% a mixture of coco coir, vermi compost, regular compost and potting soil in 11 liter fabric pots.I be. lieve I have my watering schedules down pat

This last grow, was just switched to a 12/12. The tips of the leaves are burnt and the plant is stunted. Have had them grow much taller on previous attempts. Noticed something odd, the way I feed them and MORONIC. I give them the recommended dosage of seaweed along with a liquid NPK supplement along with Cal/Mag supplement. All at about 50% of recommendations for every feeding. Might skip one here and there.

Options as I see them - (I) Let this one grow and see if any progress is made, or (II) Kill this one and start all over again and regulate like heck the nutrients. Hard to get good feed like the Western worlds in my corner. Everywhere I read seaweed is damn good but a lit low on NPK.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Cheers,
    R
    Attached Files

Above 38⁰C over a number of days can cause a plant to abort flowering, hermie up, all sorts of problems. Don't expect good results. Also expect nute burn and lockout from dangerously high VPD.

I do not know why people mix substrates. Soil is soil, sometimes, and coco is coco. That just confuses me how to treat the medium if it's mixed.

Improve your environment, stick to a simple approach re your medium and manage text book style will improve results heaps.

Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes i too agree with the above. Enviornment is such a huge factor. I just completed a lazy grow ( not saying yours is i'm speaking about temps. ) my indoor lack of humidity an lower temps aided by not feeding enough lowered my yields. But in your case if there outside in the jungle how do you regulate that?

Its an indoor plant, but the room temperature can peak for a few hours at that 38. Nights are cooler and down to 24 C. No central AC and just a 20" table fan. Guess I will give this runt a few weeks and then decide. Regarding the medium, that was originally but have been adding compost with the regular medium for each fresh grow. Recycling the soil as much as I can.

Comment

Its an indoor plant, but the outside temperature can peak for a few hours at that 38. Nights are cooler and down to 24 C. No central AC and just a 20" table fan. Guess I will give this runt a few weeks and then decide. Regarding the medium, that was originally but have been adding compost with the regular medium for each fresh grow. Recycling the soil as much as I can.

Comment

I may be missing something here, not that that's particularly unusual for me. The plant in the pic is toast. It is so damaged that I hesitate to guess but I think your PH is out of control. If you want to try again do this:

1. Use a sativa hybrid or tropical strain such as a Haze strain. Do not use auto flowers in a hot environment.
        2. Use coco/perlite only as a substrate
        3. Use a nutrient system such as GH Trio or similar, DO NOT WING IT. Follow the directions at approximately 1/2 the quantity. Add cal-mag to every watering and using some silica during the vegging phase seems to help resist the heat. Do not use silica during flowering.
        4. PH every drop of water that they ever experience
        5. When they start to grow buds, add some molasses to your water.
        6. Get your watering under control. I know it's difficult ,but you sort of develop a feel for how much and how often.

Good growing
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is toast.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X