Leaf temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf temperature

So I read everywhere about different leaf temperatures being ideal. I have also read that 26c is scientifically proven to be the optimum for plant metabolism. But 24.5c is the ideal temperature for flowering buds.these then there are different opinions on leaf temperatures. These figures seem to be all over the place. All I want to know is the optimum LEAF TEMPERATURE?? For growth and for flowering? Now I do believe that room temperature has to come down in flowering. But that will bring down leaf temperature. Which will slow down the plants metabolism. So if any of this is true, what gives? Does the plant not need good metabolism during flowering?

Yes a plant needs good metabolism throughout its life cycle, unless it's a mother you are trying to slow.

The below assumes no CO² supplementation.

I never worry about leaf or flower temps, just the environment. Leaf temps with proper transpiration will be 1 to 2⁰C lower than air temps if light is not too close with good airflow. That's close enough.

Bud temps a different story depending on the size and density of your bud so I just lower room temps to 24⁰C coming into late flower and maintain good airflow.

The above will be spot on for a healthy environment for best yields and least chance of bud rot.

Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

So right now 2nd week of flowering. My room temperature is 24.5c and leaf temperature is an average of 23.. I ran with these numbers on my last few runs. Bud was super dense and yield was 1g per watt. Myself and everyone who had it. Was over the moon. So I'm happy really. Its just this talk of good plant metabolism. So I'm guessing my plant temperature is the same as leaf temperature around 23c. Is that OK for plant metabolism ? or am I missing out on something???

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        You're a bit low in temps for early flower. Late flower 24. Veg probably where you are or a degree lower. Slowly lower until 24 for going into late flower. You can then ignore the rest of the temps. What is plant temp anyway?

Some genetics prefer it colder or hotter also. Those temps are for my plants but it won't vary much.

Veg room is 28c room temperature and average 26.5 leaf temperature

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X