• Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Nutrient advice

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6257.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	619074
    I have several young starts growing in coco with a mix of super soil in the lower half of the 5 gallon fabric pot. They are doing very well, have topped several times and will move outside in a few weeks. They are about 8 weeks from germination.

I am curious about using nutrients in conjunction with the coco and supper soil, whether it is advised or necessary and how often. I have Dyna grow and for later use, Dyna bloom concentrates.. The mix is supposed to be 1 tsp per gallon of water,

I am unsure as to how often I should use the nutrient infused water mix. Daily, every other day, weekly? I do not want to create a stressful atmosphere as they are feminized seeds and I want to assure they will not become stressed at all. As they are now they are very healthy looking and growing well.

Do you have a raised garden bed you can put it in, or just in the garden soil?
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

My plan is to leave them in the 5 gal. fabric pots.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Really only 5gal for photoperiods? Best of luck

Again, it was an idea from a tutorial on this site.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm commenting on the size of pot for outdoor photoperiod plants. I'm in Oregon and have grown outdoor plants for 40+yrs. I don't use anything less than 15gal pots because i don't have to water as much and the plants can get up to 6ft. I don't want them any bigger and i can get 1/2lb or better from one plant. 5gal is small for outdoor grows. No i do not ever bring a plant from outside to inside my tent.
        I use dyna grow and bloom now that the plants are over a month old. I do top dressings of worm castings on my outdoor plants a few times during the summer. From seed to harvest is almost 7months as i veg them indoors for 2months.

All i'm saying is that if you really want to harvest a healthy photoperiod you need a bigger pot. 5gal OK for indoor with training the plant or outdoor for a autoflower.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I never used smaller than 13gal for outdoors and even that was a compromise.

I will make a vague attempt to answer your initial question. My plants get nutrients and cal-mag both at 50% strength every watering. I use the GH Trio. Personally, I would wait another week then start at 1/3 strength and scale up. If you see any signs of deficiency, start your nutes asap. Even with the super soil, I would add cal mag to my water every time.
      Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
      5 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Thank you that advice is very much appreciated.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X