Starting my first autoflower run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting my first autoflower run

This is my first time growing autoflower. I’ve startef my journery two runs ago with photoperiod flower.

Strains im germinatinh straight in the soil; by Royal Queen Seedsz
    Purple Punch Auto (Purple Punch x Old School Skunk) with a harvest time of 10 weeks.
    Northern Lights Auto (Northen Lights x Ruderalis) with a harvest time of 10-12 weeks.

For soil im using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Potting Soil. Currently keepinh soil moist but not water logged at a pH of 6.5
    Lighting schedule is 20 hours of light and 4 hours of night.
    Lights have been placed 24 inches above cannopy.
    For nutrients imma start feeding her a week after the sprout during day 8 by General Hydroponics;
    Silica gold, cal mag, floragro, florabloom, flora micro.

Using Vivo Sun 100 watt led light
    Two oscillating fans, a exhaust vent, and a carbon filter with ac fan​
    Attached Files

Northern Lights auto just sprouted in under 3 days

Comment

Looks like a 2x2x4 tent and I think there is a tutorial on here for growing in short tents, that is a bit of an art by itself. In Ocean Forest I dont feed them until they start to flower, maybe some cal/mag if I see a deficiency. I dont feed them Silica until I am all done with LST, especially with Autos, if a branch breaks on an Auto Flower you cant extend the veg time for it to recover and they are not worth cloning unless you do it for educational reasons or just for fun. My experience with Autos is you can do anything with them you can with a photo period. My Bro science experiments lead be to believe you can extend veg time by topping at about 3 weeks, but with 2 plants in that small tent I am not sure extending veg is a good idea or not. Welcome to a greener world at a little higher plane. LOL

Comment

I did an auto once with an AK strain. It was alright. Nothing to write home about. But more importantly to me I don't like them because its unpredictable. What if it decided to start flowering right after a trimming? That's a bad time for a plant to try and recover. It's just not for me. Others seem to have great success with them. But I'll leave it to the experts and stick with photoperiods.

Comment

• Allenpro
        Allenpro commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here, I am not a fan for the same reasons, but I will admit they have improved greatly in the last 10 years or so, I only grow autos outside because I dont want them in the house, lol.
        Also I like to clone

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm on my 1st grow of autos and my 3rd indoor grow. I'm growing photos beside the autos. Autos appear to have their place but I am a photoperiod grower through & through. Not a big fan of autos at all but they are for some growers ideal I guess.

Hyped! Day 3, and she was germinated in the soil without soaking it, or using wer towel method before I place them in soil
      Attached Files

Comment

Very siked to learn about autos

Comment

day 1,70-83 days to go
          Attached Files

Comment

Both strains have succesfully sprouted! Purple Punch Auto sprouted today…

Comment

• Rookiegrower710
              Rookiegrower710 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! I started over, did some research, ordered some auto seeds. Northen lights auto was born in 3 days, and PP was born in 4.

And to answer your question; no, I did not use a dome. But I was thinking a dome would of a help. I just keep the medium a bit moist but not waterlogged. I’m doing a pH of 6.5 of just tap water. When I soak the soil with water, I’m doing it very gently.
              Each seedlint is taking about 400 ml of water. And im applying water as I see the soil dry up.

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              That sounds like a lot of water for a soil grow at that stage. I grow in coco and give more like 100ml once per day.

Is your soil drying out too fast because of the humidity and temps?

• Rookiegrower710
              Editing a comment
              Correct, shes drying fast… humidity is really low like 40%, and tem around 84*F

I cant dimm my lights so I raised them to 24 inches above cannopy. Let me see what I can do to lower heat, and increase humidity.

PP auto has just sprouted. And NL auto day 2
            Attached Files

Comment

• Rookiegrower710
              Editing a comment
              Heard! Will begin feeding as it starts to flower.

• Allenpro
              Allenpro commented
              Editing a comment
              Your doing great, everyone on here wants to help but do your research and find your way of growing.

• Rookiegrower710
              Editing a comment
              Heard! Im watching a few videos by Mr. cannucks and watching several auto grows. What got me concern is heat… currently have the tent at 86*F / 41% humidity

I'm a total newbie but I'm using a layered mix of fox farm Happy Frog and ocean forest for 1 auto plant with a 18/6 light cycle in a 2x2x4 tent. My brother who's been growing for a few years has told me that with layering those 2 soils I shouldn't have to add any nutes through out its whole life cycle because the happy frog will give the seedling all the nutes it needs until the roots reach the ocean forest this plant only sprouted 5 days ago so I'll be keeping a close eye on her to see if that's true or not

Comment

• Rookiegrower710
              Editing a comment
              Nicee! Yes I did some research and concluded thay I should begin to feed a quarter of the reccomended dose during week 5-6 during flip

Update: NL auto day 5, PP auto day 4

Comment

Day 6 northern lights auto 78 days to go
              Day 5 purple punch auto 65 days to go​

Comment

Just raised the lights from 18 inches to 24” due to high heat inside the tent… leaves look like they wanted to curl…

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You get around fella i seen your same grow on another website under a different name but it's your grow. I like reading about different grow techniques .

• Rookiegrower710
                  Editing a comment
                  Same! I also like reading different techniques. I joined THCFarmer to gey more iimput while I read and watch some videos.

Update: havent done nothing today besides moisting the soil once it drys out. Doing 250ml per plant at the moment with a pH of 6.5
                my concern which Is the heat… I will be investing in a few things to have better control of my envioronment

Comment

Week 1, day 7; Northern Lights auto

Week 0-1 day 6; Purple Punch auto

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X