Coco Loco pH Run-Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco Loco pH Run-Off

A newbie here! I am doing some run off testing thru Fox Farm Coco Loco and I am trying to determine what I should adjust my water pH to in order to get into the 6-7 range. I know Coco Loco has been tripled washed (according to the bag) and contains dolomite lime. I have run several tests using water adjusted to 7, 8.5 & 10 pH. My run off measured in the collection saucer seems to always be 5.2 pH. I pumped the run off of the 10 pH water after measuring the pH in the saucer at 5.2 into a bucket and the pH measure 6.1 pH. Am I doing something wrong? When using Coco Loco what are people adjusting their water to? Thanks in advance!

Pics please
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Water with very low ec (pure water with no nutrients) will always take the pH of anything it gets in contact with. Meaning it dissolves ions from the coco and it shows in the ph. Prepare water with nutrients and ph adjust. Then pour it thru your coco and the ph will be muh closer to the ph going in

Comment

Seems like EVERY Fox Farm soil mix runs really acidic. Add some calcium carbonate, dolomite lime and some gypsum. Should straighten out those pH swings.
        Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
        ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
        Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
        MAC1 (Blimburn)
        Tangie o' matic (420 Fast Buds) *autoflower
        Blue Dream (Blimburn)

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
        T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
        🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X