First grow ever Journal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grow ever Journal!

Here's my grow journal so far, somehow I really haven't had any problem, except I'm crowded in my tent...next time just six. I know my journal is missing a few things, a bit of short term memory loss on a daily basis...lol. I hope you don't find it too boring or poorly worded, I didn't plan to share. Any suggestions for the next grow or this grow will be appreciated. Thanks, Peace!

4x4x7 lighthouse tent
    600w MH/ HPS
    Air cooled hood, outside ventilation 6"
    Temp 72. +/- 3d, Humility 30-45%
    fans as needed, good negative pressure

12/25/16. Seeds up! Game Changer
    Purple Dragon X Green Thai, 7 seeds, 7 plants
    2 gal plastic pots, Fox Farms Ocean soil 20% perlite

1/12/17. Clones in, 2 animal cookies and 2 candy land
    3 gal fabric pots, Fox Farms Ocean soil. 20% perlite
    GSC X Fire OG. Platinum Cookies X GDP
    Day 19 seed. Day 1 clones

1/15/17. Day 22 seed. Day 3 clones
    Did first topping to make a manifold on GC looks great
    First nutes in the AM, 1/4 strength, Fox Farms trio this grow...
    Clones are struggling, first full watering today
    Slow growth. FF ocean might be a little hot, adjusting to lights
    Not sure why, I think they just need to settle in. Do nothing for now

1/18/17. Day 25 seed. Day 6 clones
    GC looking great, responded well to topping.
    Should be able to sex them this weekend or so
    Clones have improved enough to top I think.
    They seem slower and weaker than seed, that's to be expected.
    I'm hoping they get stimulated by the trim, left all lower fan leaves
    to energize them. Wait and see... I'm thinking the clones may not be the quality I would
    expect from a club (RCP). No genetic information provided.
    Again, wait and see. If I kill them, it wasn't meant to be

1/23/17
    GC looking great again, 2 plants got a little light burn, no problem
    Still haven't sexed them yet, they're showing, but I want
    To be sure. I want to transplant before I top again, but I have a few days
    before I before its top time and I don't want to put males in 5 gal pots
    1/2 strength nutes in the morning...
    My sad little clones might make it! I topped them, left fan leaves on
    for about 3 days until they got some growth. Then took off the bigger fan
    leaves. Now they're growing good, not fast though

1/27/17. Day 34 seed. Day 15 clones
    GC is being transplanted this week, manifolds will be complete in a day or two.
    I have identified 6 females out of 7 seeds. I think the last one is female, however
    it's not saying yet. More work than I thought, that's cool though.
    Found a little white powdery mildew this morning, I'll go to the hydro store
    today to get the stuff to fix it. It was only on the Animal Cookies clones.
    Also I added a fan this morning, I guess the need a little more breeze
    The clones are really coming around, they're starting to smell good, they seem
    to want to start flowering, that should be normal for clones. Got first nutes today.

1/29/17. Day 36 Seed. Day 17 clones
    GC is done with transplant and manifold/ training. I have a couple more ties to make
    on the final spreading. Made final cuts a little early, but the plants are very healthy and
    I want to get on with it. I think I got 7 females from 7 seeds! Final home is 5 gallon fabric pots for the GC, and 3 gallon fabric pots for the clones. I used 3 gallon pots because I thought I could get 7 seed females and 4 clones in there. Clones were an
    afterthought, a little variety so I have an indica, sativa, and a hybrid! Seems like it should fit in the tent with minimal problems, I expected to get a couple of males, it'll be tight.

The plan is to switch them in 30 days, unless they get too tall. I'll set up a Scrog net
    and get some yo yo's installed ahead of time. During the training/manifold session,
    I added a 4x4 drain tray to the tent, got rid of the individual trays. I saw early on
    that I wouldn't tolerate trying to pump out runoff from trays. After I heavily
    watered the transplanted girls, I knew it was right...

Clones are right with the program, no prob using 1/2 strength FF trio nutes, the
    Candyland seems kinda small, but look super healthy, Animal Cookies are growing
    bigger and better. I might not have a lot of Candy at the end. I'm keeping the clones
    on the corners because I want the GC to get the prime real estate...
    We got the electric bill, it's only up 35-40 bucks with all that stuff running!!!

2/2/17 Day 40 seeds. Day 21 clones
    Plain ph water today for everything. I just got my ph meter and a TDS meter.
    I calibrated the ph meter, and the ppm meter should be good to go. It looks like my
    ph has been running a little high, still within range. Adjusted to the middle of the range
    give or take. The clones runoff is about 200-300 ppm's and the GC is about 1200+
    I will add nutes to the clones next watering. 400-800 is the range I'm looking for at runoff. The soil I transplanted them in still has plenty of nutes.
    I'm 100% female on 3 seed plants, just waiting for white hairs from the pre-flowers.

Clones are going strong, I guess they got stressed when I topped them. I have tied up the Animal cookies and the Candyland will be tied down soon. The cookies look great, tons of new growth, especially in the center where I topped them. I think next time I'll
    leave the fan leaves on longer, might be why they stressed. I need to be more patient,
    however this is my first grow... Still keeping it simple! In a few days, I'll need to tie down some more stems on Candyland and GC...

2/517. Day 43 seed. Day 24 clones
    With all the toppings and LST I've been doing to the Game Changer, I'm not 100% sure about sex on four plants. I got to thinking about it and I only have about 5 leaf sets on my 8 main colas. I'm hoping for a couple males as I'm running out of room fast.
    The manifold process looks textbook good, so I did that part well. I'm sure the boys will show themselves in a week or two.
    I've been tying down the clones and the middle is starting to grow out. I am really running out of room!! The clones are out of control. Healthy. Nuff said!

2/7/17. Day 45 seed. Day 26 clones
    Well I switched to flowering as I'm getting too crowded in the tent. Most are about 18" tall and the rest are over a foot. Everything's been trained to stay low and flat during veg. I think I'm good to go! I still need to check for boys. I think I'll avoid using regular seeds in the future. I still have 7 more GC seeds, unless I harvest really stunning weed, I won't use them. Next grow will be clones or fem seeds. Two of the GC's almost look like a different strain, we'll find out soon enough.

2/9/17. Flower day 2
    High humidity yesterday and today. 100% outside, reached as high as 80% in the tent. However it should drop in the next day or 2 when the rain stops. It's supposed to quit raining the day after tomorrow, in the meantime I have been running A/C as much as I can and that seems to be working....

2/10/17. Flower day 3
    Humidity is at 70%, did some light defoliating. Found a male plant, destroyed it, I'm sure the rest are girls...Wait and see, weather's drying up, should be alright...

2/12/17. Flower day 5
    Humidity is back in line @ 50%. Good growth, gave clones ph water.

2/17/17. Flower day 10
    Fighting humidity, did some defoliating today. Things are stretching now, except two of them. I gave them preferred position in the tent a few days back.

2/19/17. Flower day 12
    Broke down and bought a dehumidifier 50 pint size. Pulled the humidity down from 60% to 47%. I'll figure out the most effective way to use it. Plants are stretching faster now, the two short ones seem like they're getting ready to get with it. Starting to see a lot of white hairs on most plants. I find I can allow the light to be closer with the HPS bulb, I'll let the plants grow into them until I get to about 10" maybe. I didn't move the lights for a couple days because of the slow girls and the others got about to 14" away with no problems.

2/24/27. Flower day 17 / week 3
    Everything is going well, the stretch continues and the short ones are trying to catch up. I'm seeing a lot of "budlets" forming and everything looks very healthy. My humidity is in the 40's mostly, low 50's at night. It seems the dehumidifier works best at night set to 40%, medium fan speed. The rain has finally stopped and local humidity is down, so I should be done with those problems.

2/28/17. Flower day 21 / start week 4
    Everything's fine, same as above, except my humidity is in the 40's all the time. As the local area dries out, I'll try to get the humidity down below 40%. I gave the clones the final defoliation yesterday, they look fine this morning. Cleared our the low stuff to send the energy to the buds. Also I placed a fan to blow under the canopy a couple of weeks ago. I'll give the GC the final defoliation tomorrow. I've noticed that all plants are taking more water at the roots, I'll increase amount and interval as needed. Root ph is about 6.5, no problem. Broke a cola on a clone yesterday, so I need to be gentle with them. This will be the last time they come out of the tent till harvest. Buds at building up, lots of white hairballs growing!!

OlldDude would have been nice to see pictures as you went along, maybe next time. How about now? Good luck with your harvest.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• OlldDude
      OlldDude commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been having some trouble with pics, I'm not real good with computers and the like. ( I didn't grow up with them) I'll try tonight, I have a ton of picks. I know it's a lot of text.

As much as I like pics, your dissertation certainly had my imagination going!

Comment

Extremely thorough journal. I enjoyed your info

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X