Does she looks ready for harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Does she looks ready for harvest?

Hi I need help with figuring out if she is ready for harvest.

She is an (allegedly) sativa red point strain

I took these pictures today with handheld microscope and USB microscope. There is also pictures of buds

If you look at thricomes there are some amber ones already but at the same time, there are a lot of clear ones so I am confused

Looking at buds, they look kind of ready by the color of the pistils

Also, here is a video taken with USB microscope:

Thanks in advance!!
    Attached Files

My sativas will produce ambers 6 weeks in from flip so I go by growth rate as measured by water uptake and observing the buds develop, especially the pistol progression, looking for no new pistol growth and aging of existing pistols by the browning and curling.

I think at around the 6 week mark you can get a really good effect of the cannibinoids and most other active compounds but you're missing out on yield big time. You can actually get some pretty awesome effect from them at that point combined with good drying and curing and that shouldn't change a lot letting it go longer, just mostly yield in my experience.

As the buds get larger and you think you might be done, look inside the bud at the calyx on the stem or really close to it. There will be heaps of them. Have most of them opened? If not and you have been able to maintain healthy buds let them go longer till most open. You'll need really low RH though and lower room temps than normal and the buds blowing around in a strong breeze.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

So if my focus is yield I should let them grow for a little more time?

I cannot manage RH because she is outdoor. Same with temperature.

There appears to be like only 20 to 30 percent of white pistils
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Good job i don't see any bug damage and no i would not harvest yet

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        If your humidity is too high, the higher it is, above 50%, the earlier I would harvest to avoid a mold attack.

Edit. Oh. Outdoors. M7st keep them dry and if you can blow air on them with a fan do so..watch them closely

• Alexanderz
        Alexanderz commented
        Editing a comment
        ok I will keep an eye out and post updates

thanks guys!

Hi guys! Hope you are all doing good

I have updates!

- All colas look fuller, so waiting was the right call
      - Yellowing of leaves is going up the main cola
      - Almost no new white pistils
      - There are more amber thricomes. There are crystalline, white and amber thicomes at the same time

I appended some thicomes images

What do you guys think?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you have great looking buds in the harvest window. I don't see any straight or light coloured pistols so soon I'd think

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X