Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaves have brown spots and looks sad. Need help diagnosing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves have brown spots and looks sad. Need help diagnosing.

Problem - About 4 days ago the leaves on my area 51 fruitz starting getting brown spots on the lower most set of leaves. I noticed shortly after that the leaves were drooping within 24 hours.

Possibilities - Nutrient burn, nutrient deficiency. If it is it's going to be calcium or magnesium based on the photos I referenced in the websites diagnosing section. This began 24-48 hours of changing the water.
    Thought of the potential of mites as well. I looked at the leaves and stem with a magnifying glass and wasn't able to see anything crazy or out of the ordinary. Root Rot could be a culprit as well but I don't see the tell tale signs present here. No slimy roots. No browning of the roots. "Slight amount in pictures" realllllyy slightly brown. Could be from nutrients staining it or the hydroton rocks.

Setup - 15 gallon capacity bin with 10 gallons of water currently in it. Change out day will be today.
    280W ac inifinity led light "I just added this on Wednesday of this last week." People were commenting on my setup post that there wasn't enough light. I corrected this. Was running an 86W light
    water pump with hoses going directly into the net pods.
    2 Airstones running constantly under each net pod "Only two net pods"
    Mylar reflective sheets covering the walls. As well as the lid of my bin.
    Small fan generating just enough air forward to move the plants slightly.
    AC Infinity Exhaust system with Carbon Filter.
    Vivosum Humidifier.

Nutrients - General Hydroponics micro, grow, and flora. CaliMagic. Hydroguard.
    I have 10 gallons of water in the system. Last week I added my first set of nutrients to the mix. I only applied about 2 tsp of each which is lower than the recommended. Back of bottle states 1/4 tsp per gallon. I have 10 so that boils out to 2.5 tsp. <=== this may have been where my mess up was. Adding too much of the nutrients. The pictures make me think there is a deficiency but it could also be my own mistake here. I should have started lightly with maybe a tsp of each for my 10 gallon setup? Could be a nutrient lockout? I am swallowing my pride and letting you all help me out! I am super new to this and have done a lot of research but there is always something to be learned.

PH: is around 6.0. I will recalibrate the tester today.

1st question: How do I correct this and learn from it?

2nd question: The water has been touching just the bottom of the net pods. Should this be lower or higher?

Click image for larger version

Name:	sad plant 6.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	616569 Click image for larger version

Name:	sad plant 3.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	616570 Click image for larger version

Name:	sad plant 2.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	616571 Click image for larger version

Name:	sad plant 7.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	616574 Click image for larger version

Name:	sad plant 4.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	616573 Click image for larger version

Name:	sad plant 5.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	616572

Sincerely,
    StartingFresh55

I've been having a few issues with a couple plants and although I don't think this is the direct cause I thought I'd share this with yuns. So I decided to check the calibration on my ph pen. It's a cheap Amazon special. Allprettyall. I know right. But I've kept up with calibration and all since I got it so everything is good

Anybody have any problems with thses ph testers? I added nutes, Advanced Nutes, to water and I keep getting diff readings, is there a curve as to what is acceptable and not. What a ball buster.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• StartingFresh55
      StartingFresh55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluey this is good info. I was reluctant to buy the cheap one and will definitely look at the higher end one from Apera. Thank you 😊

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X