Fertalizer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fertalizer?

What is the basic NPK for vegetation- pre flower and flower? Reading on the ole internet, not forums, but different sites about growing, I'm getting all kinds of NPK numbers. Looking at these numbers and the fertilizers recommended here, they are way different. Very confusing. This yr I want to do better and get more appropriate fertilizer but can't find any thing close to what I 'think ' is a basic set of numbers.1-6 wks / 4-2-3 veg. / 10-5-7 bloom / 5-7-10. I'm looking at the NPK ratios at the 3 stages;growth H/L/M veg H/M/L x2, flower L/M/H. Some of the popular brands seem to have very low to near nothing numbers. It seems no one makes a fertilizer in these basic ranges.????????????????
    Attached Files

Firstly, the type of ferts and ratio is dependent upon your grow medium and what your growing. That's why they are so wildly varied.

Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      And some nutrients may have the same elements but in different compounds and the plant uses them differently.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely.

On GWE the most recommended nutes appear to be the General Hydroponics Flora series. I would have used them myself except for limited availability here and supply is unreliable so I went with a local Ag hydro nute producer and got it at under half the price of hydro shop stuff

This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

What I found, and I use liquid nutes in coco, was you need to stick to one manufacturer to ensure compatibility of parts and stable pH. I've also found I run into problems if I vary the manufacturers recommendations re nute strength too
      much.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I've used flora trio but I think they're lacking some trace minerals. Also used fox farms trio and it's exceptionally forgiving but too expensive because they don't do bulk. Best results I've had its been botanicare. It's been years since I've used them but I think they still make he sn17 line but probably they have other lines made for micro grows. Ultimately liquid nutrients are too expensive to ship around the world because they're mostly water. That's why I stick to 25 lb bags of soluble nutrients. I also went thru a mixing my own nutrients phase and it's harder than it looks

If you are looking for tries and true nutrients with the right ratios gotta look into nutrients made for industrial/commercial grows. Usually there's a base mixture with everything except nitrogen and then you just add calcium nitrate. You use lots of nitrate and little base formula for veg and then little nitrate and lots of base for flower. Very simple. Comercial grows are not mixing five different nutrients. They use the same formula for veg at the same strength since clones and then one formula for flowering. I give them both veg and flower the same nutrients at the same ratio exactly the same all their lives.

I grow around 180 plants per year and water 20 to 40;gallons per day depending on the season because it's outdoors

This is the one I use. And the calcium nitrate

Designed exclusively for hydroponic culture, this classic formula is ideal for most hydroponic crops, especially tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce. Effective for all Water Types. Buffered to help maintain acceptable working solution pH.

Comment

Thank you all for your input.... As I'm trying to keep things simple I'll probably go with one of the trio's........

Comment

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you looked at CX Horticulture? I've settled on them for my type of grow system (Autopot) and grow medium (50/50 coco/perlite). Very easy to use. The mix ratio for their product is the same, 1 M/L per L. Makes it simple to calculate when maintaining PPD/EC. CX grows good weed.

I'd like to try these nutrients but user information and input is scarce, makes me a little skittish to drop that kind of $$ for a relatively unknown product. But the nutrient values and the fact that this stuff doesn't need to be mixed are intriguing.

Optimal nutrition for exceptional cannabis. Professional feeding made easy.

Thank you; I've decided to go with Fox Trio and potting soil+perlite

Comment

• Mollisol
        Mollisol commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good choice. I have used FF Trio for several grows with good results. You might consider some calmag to add to it especially if you are using soft water and/or growing under LEDs.

Thanks and I'm using PH'ed ground water and I started using calmag last yrs. trial and error!!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X