No announcement yet.

Should I continue topping auxiliary stalks and main stalks or should I do lst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I continue topping auxiliary stalks and main stalks or should I do lst

So I’m trying to decide to either lst or continue toppig auxiliary branches to create more stalks. If I where to to continue topping in the future, could I include lst as well? The strain Candy Bonez is a sativa that normally grows tall af. Trying to keep her inside my tent at all means necessesary.

I topped Candy Bonez’s main stalk a few days ago, and chopped off the lower fan leaves to make space for growth on the auxiliary branches.

my friends opt againts lst due to not having that many plants, and not having strong enough led lights. Should I continue topping the auxiliary branches? If I do continue to top, should I wait until the 5th node or that does not apply to auxiliary branches?

I’ve Never topped auxiliary branches before, and I’ve never done lst.

what should I use? Garden wire Or what? To do lst
    Attached Files

I use garden wire. I used string with clips early on but got wise and used the coated garden wire. Easy to cut, bend and shape.
    I can’t advise on more topping, some of the more experienced growers on here probably have better advice. But if it were me at the stage, lst is the way to go at this stage of your grow, maybe top again later as the plants gain strength and fill out. Topping is hst and bending is lst. I also think by the looks of your plant size, I wouldn’t think about doing anything high stress again to it for a while until you get more solar panels…my 2 cents.
    Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
    Equipment
    AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
    2x4x6 Tent
    6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
    4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
    6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
    Light: Spider Farmer
    SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
    AC Infinity Fabric Pots
    3 – 5gal
    2 – 3gal

Medium:
    Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Perlite
    Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
    Fox Farm
    Grow Big 6-4-4
    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
    Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
    BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
    Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

This is a good way to grow if you have the space and light and environment and are growing photos. Some adopt these but varyied techniques to suit an auto. Some may say it's the only way to do it, or very similar

by Nebula Haze Table of Contents Intro: What is Main-Lining Cannabis? Ultra-Quick Guide to Building a Manifold

This includes LST

Low Stress Training is like bonsai for cannabis plants. Plants are trained to grow flat and wide, which forces them to produce many big buds instead of just one or two. As a result, LST gives you bigger yields without changing your setup!

Soft ties, I love them. Come in green or black in the big garden stores.
      Last edited by Bluey; 03-05-2024, 09:24 AM.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Continue using the light bulb and use your friend for advice.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm so out of touch with the latest techniques. Thanks SoOrbudgal . I'm off to phone a friend.

Edit. Lol. I just looked at the pics. Oh my...What's your friends name Rookiegrower710
          Last edited by Bluey; 03-05-2024, 10:29 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X