Hash talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hash talk

Been with my big toe in the bubble bags with some ice-water hash making. I like it. The process, I mean. Hash is a good smoke but dabbing is where it is at. Here are some questions.
    How fine do y'folks grind your weed for IWH? The Frenadian Farmbuck got me to buy and use a coffee grinder. My hand grinder did a good enough job, I guess, but its small size made for a couple hours of grinding. The CG took care in less than ten minutes. I've always figured the hand grinder could crush trichomes because the process pinches the weed to break it up. The CG chops.
    What micron do you prefer? I have separated what shook from my 220, 120, and 73 micron bags. 220 and 73 are brown while the 120 is blonder. I also have a Scarab ball. A Scarab ball is what I scraped from the inside of the coffee grinder. Picture a dung ball being pushed by a dung beetle. That is what a SB looks like, but with more leafy matter. The weed was not 100? dry so some of the ball is plant water. That also means there are some sticky trichomes in there. Scarab ball sounds better than dung beetle dung ball so Scarab ball it is. I have a 'Mikey' who will try anything and pretty much likes everything. I might wrap this up for him.
    What do you do with your wash water? I mean, do you let the water settle after each bag wash? The process is easier if I pour off some amount of water before going to filter. Do the trichomes drop to the bottom or are there free radical type trichomes floating around in my pour-off?
    No pictures. Since I am forced to use the screen on my camera for lack of view finder, I go through batteries too quick to keep up with having a supply in the house, and no shopping until the weekend.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Hey man i can't help with that i've never done it. But i've made plenty of " dung beetle balls " yes i scraped the coffee grinder and rolled it in the keif from my hand grinder i've saved jars of it. I saved these groovy glass tubes from some pre rolls i got and use it for these balls.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Scarab balls.

Got the rest of my weed ground, scraped out the stickings and smoked me up a centimeter sized scarab ball. Goddamn if it ain't just like right fair dirty hash! It works well with a dab-high.
    Junior neighbor has a rosin press. After some drying, I'm going to make a scarab puck with my hand press and smash it. I have not been able to convince myself pressing rosin from hash (which seems to be the preferred method) was but extra work silliness. For me, processing flower is all about getting the cleanest good stuff from the plant while leaving the plant matter and waxes. Pressing hash does not get rid of enough of the two from the hash to make the work worth it. Waxes will work though even coffee filters.
    A scarab puck sounds like a good way to go. Gotta make it good and dry. Moisture has no place in smashing. If there ain't but one thing Dabber taught me it ain't but that moisture has no place in smashing! What a good girl.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

My method. Paint mixing paddle and a drill. 2 5 gallon buckets. Ice 220, 120, 90, 45. Screen bags.
      ​​​cut your buds up into 3/4" pieces. Be kinda careful. Put them in a grocery bag and into the freezer for a day. Try not to squish them.
      put your weed and ice water in bucket 1 and agitate for 3 minutes with the paint mixer. Switch from forward to reverse often. You can hand mix it too but you better be healthy.
      Let set a minute or two.
      Put your bags in bucket 2. Pour bucket 1 into 2. 220 is just to separate the weed. Anything kept from it is good for edibles. All the rest can be sorted into grades.
      take contents from 220 bag and dump into bucket 1 and repeat at least twice more.
      Make sure you dry it good by refrigerating it and then sifting it thru a strainer on to parchment and freezing. Then press away. Doesn't come out as clean as fresh frozen but you get more by drying the bud first.
      keeping it green with the soil thing
      love me some frosty autos
      braap
      BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
      Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
      the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
      blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        I used to make full melt ice water hash when I used to smoke. Pretty much same method as above. If you make it right you can dab it. The final product it's like a kieff that clumps together with pressure or heat so you can take a dab tool warm it up and just touch the hash and it will stick to it and then melt into the dab rig.

A few changes for best results. As soon as I get the hash from the bags I freeze them and when they're hard as a rock I sift with a parmesan cheese grater. The one that has very small blades painting up in a 45 degree angle. All over a big thick cardboard very well spread out. Then let dry in a place where it's protected from dust. When dried scrape with a credit card and store in a container where moisture doesn't get in.

If you want to press it get a pollen press. They're 10 bucks and will turn the kieff into hash very easily. If you don't over stir during the water phase you can get full melt hash. The kind that will bubble as you smoke

No drill nor paint paddle. They probably wouldn't work well in my 1 gallon bags. Not efficiently, anyway. I use a plastic rice paddle.
      When you do small scale, all the extra drying and zesting is unnecessary. Product dries real fast on coffee filters when it's a millimeter thick.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

Hash morning. Began with some 73. Real smoothe. Heady. Nice way to start the day. The drawer where all the hash is being kept smells fruity.
        Just tried some of the coffee grinder scrapings from the final grinding. A bit coughy but a hard hitter. Probably harder than the 73.
        I got to thinking about CG ground weed versus the larger size chop Going2fast talked about. The larger grind gets further broken up in the bubble bag from the paint mixer. The CG grind would be better for dry sift like Farmbuck makes.
        And I'm back it iffy about smashing the scarab pucks. What would I do with rosin? How would I use it? I won't top a bowl with rosin because I generally do not do bowls. Rosin dirties up my banger and it seems like a pipe would get pretty gunked up pretty fast. I also do not have proper bags for pressing. I have a 20 micron square that might work in a pinch.
        I guess the answer to my first, original question is the grind depends on what you want to do with it.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

I don't do solvent extracts so rosin is all I know. A little dirt ain't no big deal. I cook it off. I know chazzing. I think people just like to say it. Don't hurt my experience none.
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Puck one was destroyed in the process. All the goo soaked into the paper and was unrecoverable. Kitchen paper is not good to use.
            Puck two was... successful. The bagged puck got put on a silicon pad instead of paper. Wound up with a tar ball. Dabbed super smoothe. Got a hint of the terps but had too much other stuff for me to say I enjoyed the dab. After the dab, my rig looked and smelled like a bong. Lots of particulates. It is too much like tar for me to want to deal with by any means so I'm handing it off to buddy Ryan who got a good bit of my flower.
            The process is cool but I will never do it for myself, again. Should I, however, it will be 220 hash, maximum, 150°, less than 73 micron screen, eyeball the press time, on silicon or the right paper. The shorter the press, the less non-trichome junk.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Do yourself a favor and buy a portable washing machine you won't regret it. I dont "grind" my buds/trim and only use 3 bags, 220, 120, 70. The 25 screen is for drying the product from the 120 and 70.

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Got to thinking about a machine, Mr. F. But I have some experimenting to do involving a dewaxing column (google that, if you need to). Could be I wind up leaving resin making to the pros and shift to hash making. No video for me. I'm the guy you know who does not have a youtube account. But I know what you are talking about.
                Short-path distillation is next. The ongoing problem with that would be sourcing alcohol. The best California can get me is 151 without ordering online.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Short path with the chiller is the way to go for you dab heads, good amount of time and money invested in these things and no a lot more of a return, just better isolation. I am familiar with you dewaxing, after a lot of time spent in with pressing, cooking, blasting, freeze drying, closed loop systems and all kinda playing around in a friend's dispensary the best bang for the buck was the old butane tube and a Pyrex dish but them things are frowned upon by States regulators and landlords. You don't need an account to watch YouTube, you should Google Frenchie cannoli he's the master of the temple ball and ice water hash is just the safest route for a great tasting product.

Mmmmmm temple balls!

• Smallgrow
                  Smallgrow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I follow Frenchies process as close as possible , and agree with Mr.F that he is the master of modern IWH

I started with the glass tube. Still have the one-ounce replacement tube from the first tube a buddy broke. You mentioned laws. I think I might be saying too much.
                I'm familiar with Frenchie. The thing about pressing down on a bottle full of hot water freaks me out. I imagine large shards of broken bottle going through my hand.
                Any extraction I do is to get a cleaner product. SPD or FD is my ultimate. I have no interest in diamond mining as anything beyond a simple cured resin gets gimmicky.
                I need an account to verify my age to watch certain drug manufacturing product commercials. Instructions on illicit botanical dewaxing columns, no problem. Instructions on ice water botanical separators are a problem. Napalm is okay, too. Go figure.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• Mr.furley
                  Mr.furley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Horrible horrific violence is okay as long as nobody says any naughty words.

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I learned a way to make napalm watching a video of old women townsfolk making bottles of it when Russia was about to invade their town.
                  Old, eastern European women can teach us so much.

Ground the bud and packed the column last Tuesday. Got my package, today. In that time, all the ground weed has had an extra week of curing.
                The fineness of the grind has a lot to do with what you want to do with it. This was a coffee grinder grind. The result is the darkest gold I have ever gotten. Next time I think I will try whole bud or half bud.
                Otherwise, this is the best smelling magic I've made. Amazing terps. The extra drying has a lot to do with the smell.

Look! It's a brain muffin! HA!

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0530.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	616855
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

• Ckbrew
                  Ckbrew commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Brain muffin Very dank looking

I'm back from the land of Sicario.... Yeah being a while I did not do any Hash well since last fall to be precise... I use a 120 micron and it's good enough for me. I've got a question for y'all. I purchase some fast fast flowering beans but the Blimburn is stating "Fast Flowering Feminized Seeds take this a step further by producing plants that not only have a high probability of being female, but also have a shorter flowering period.​" Are they suppose to be feminized? Am I missing something ?
                Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
                Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
                Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
                Full auto grow
                Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
                12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Going2fast
                  Going2fast commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Fast flowering are f1 crosses between a photo and an auto. All of the first gen will be semi photo. Outdoors if I plant them outdoors in late May they are flowering in early July. If you cross them again you will get 25% auto, 25% photo and 50% fast flower. If you pick out the autos from that pool and cross them you get full auto seeds. These are generalized percentages but you get the gist and this is how autos are made. Your fast seeds are actually long veg autos in short.

The land of the Mexican drug cartel hitmen? Gotta have some bitchin' stories!
                Don't know about the seeds. I just grow what guy tells me to grow.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

What sticks to the side will always be like taffy. The stuff in the bottom of the bowl is like weed wax that will easily scrape off.
                  What is the difference between the two products?
                  Technical info: Got the B down to -10° for maybe a 2 minute soak to dewax and blasted directly into the bowl. The bowl went into the vacuum chamber at 100°. I am sure the temperature did not get all the wax and am wondering if the wax-like stuff is just that, wax. That would mean the taffy junk is the actual dewaxed. What might one contain that the other does not?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0534.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	616974
                  ​​​​​​​
                  More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                  3x3x6

Comment

• Going2fast
                    Going2fast commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ummm ........yeah. Itl getcha high.

• Gingerbeard
                    Gingerbeard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No help from Captain Nohelp... Oh, man... that was uncalled for. I apologize.
                    I just had to go off on another USPS shit. That was a heap of residual USPS angst I just dumped on you that you did not deserve.
                    How do we give a thumbs up in the comment section?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X