Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perpetual Grow - BCNL Bloombox - Various Strains - Hydro SWC / 400w HPS/MH / 150w CFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perpetual Grow - BCNL Bloombox - Various Strains - Hydro SWC / 400w HPS/MH / 150w CFL

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, coming for 420magazine. The community here seems much more active so I'm moving.
    Here's my original thread:
    Hey All, I've finally decided to take the plunge and start growing. I was looking at a few different boxes as I wanted the unit to be self contained and easy since it was my first grow. First I looked at one brand that seemed nice, all inclusive, but a fairly hefty pricetag. The BC...

So I'm growing in a grow box. It's pretty sweet, but I definitely have some gripes about it. If you want more info... ask me.

I'm just finishing up my first cycle. 1 unknown strain, 1 ChemDawg, and one Long's Peak Blue.

On the veg side I have 4 plants of unknown strain under a diy screen. 1 is an attempted (slightly messed up) mainline

Nutrients
    all amounts are per 1 gallon distilled water
    Veg:
    Shake or 2 great white
    3-5ml CalMag Plus
    10ml FloraNova Grow
    5 drops of floralicious plus

Flowering
    shake or 2 great whie
    3-5ml CalMag Plus
    15ml FloraNova Bloom
    8 drops floralicious plus
    10ml FloraNectar

Here's some pics. If you have any questions, refer to my old thread.

They look great, Buds!!! Looks like a jungle in there!!!

Hey, could you do me a favor and take a pic of the carbon filter that you rigged up for your box? Appreciate it!!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

alltatup Here's the details on my carbon filter.

I bought it on amazon. Only $35 bucks.... seriously. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
      Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	7.09 MB
ID:	61973
      Used 4" ducting. $6.99 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attach one side of ducting to flange on back of Bloombox.

Name:	
Size:	7.21 MB
ID:	61971
      Attach other side of ducting to flange on carbon filter.

Name:	
Size:	9.27 MB
ID:	61972
      It's that easy. Much less expensive than the $150 it was going to cost after shipping to get one from BCNL. It's likely that theirs is more efficient than mine since it doesn't have to go through the ducting, but for $100... I'll take that difference

Also, I talked to my friend from who I got the genetics for the chemdawg and the Long's Peak Blue. He said that CD is a 10 week strain, and LBP is a 12 week strain. I can see where the Chem would need a few more weeks, but if the LBP blooms for another 6 weeks these tops are going to be absolutely huge!
      Last edited by BassBuds; 02-28-2017, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I really want to maximize my grow, too. Just harvested 2nd grow which got stunted during flower by a bad case of algae in the res. from light leaks, all of which have been fixed. During my first grow, went through hurricane Matthew and lost power for a week during flower; still managed a decent harvest (only two plants, though). Just put in 5 purp haze x malawi seeds to germinate last night, and I'm really hoping nothing messes up this time; I'd sure like to fill the space with colas... It definitely takes some finageling to exploit the space in these boxes...

• BassBuds
        BassBuds commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah. I saw that in your log. I was impressed you made it through all the way through flower. I'm considering doing a little more defol, the humidity started to rise a bit, and I'd hate to lose the whole grow due to PM.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I never hesitate to crank up the dehumidifier in my grow room, as I live in the very humid Dirty South... So far, no mildew and I'm hoping I never meet it!!!

Figured I'd post some pics. These nugs are getting frosty.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        They look FANTASTIC, BB!! You really did fill up that box!!!!!! I'm very glad to see it, because it shows me what's possible w/ sativas in one of these boxes. The buds look awesome.

I went to take some pictures a couple minutes before the HPS turned on. When I opened up the box, I saw that the fluoro's were already on. When I looked at the timer, I saw the current time was out of whack (I had a circuit breaker blow during the off hours last week) I forgot to update the current time on the timer after that. It doesn't look like it hurt my plants much though. They definitely have not been switching back to veg (very little veg growth. most is focused on big buds)

Well here are some more photos. I'm going to do a res change today

Comment

Forgot to attach the photos. Some have a lighter for sizing

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Box full of buds!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it's almost the end of week 8. I've been told that ChemDawg is a 10 week strain, and Long's Peak Blue is a 12 week strain. I don't think I can go that long before I have to move the vegging plants.]

Comment

Vegging Plants

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X