Questions about using Canna nutrients in. coco coir grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Questions about using Canna nutrients in. coco coir grow

I’m getting ready to try my first grow (indoor grow tent, coco coir). I purchased the Canna Coco A+B nutrients, as suggested at https://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrients. The nutrient schedule from Canna indicates how much to dilute the fertilizer parts A and B at different weeks of the grow (https://www.growweedeasy.com/wp-cont...t-schedule.jpg).

2 questions.

1) Everywhere I read, it says to feed at 1/4 or so of the “recommended strength”. Does that hold true for these Canna nutrients, even though I get the impression that they are designed for growing cannabis, and they are fairly dilute compared to some others (1-4-2 and 4-0-1, mixed 1:1 and diluted)?

2) The nutrient schedule does not say How Often to feed. Do I use the nutrient solution every time the plants need watering, or use it less often, and use pure (pH adhustedj water for some of the watering?

Thanks for your comments.

1. They say to use quarter or half dose when plants are very small and work your way up as they grow. Better to start with a low dose because you can always add more. If you over do it you can stun the plant and that takes longer to recover

2. I grow in coco and give them nutrients every single watering. You gotta find what works for you. When you give pure water it doesn't need to be pH adjusted. If your water is low ec then it won't affect the root zone ph

Comment

It will vary depending on strain and environment. Start conservative and read your plants until you have it dialled in.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

As a general rule I provide 50% of the recommend strength at every watering. But you have to be flexible,
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X