Been trying to correct the vpd, temp, and RH for a seedling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying to correct the vpd, temp, and RH for a seedling

The strain im growing is Candy Bonez, a sativa photoperiod strain bread by bean fiendz. The genetics are Sherb Cream Pie x Obama Runtz. Im also germinating another candy bonez at the moment. The current seedling was outside and was not getting love until now. It was gonna be a gift but they never picked it up.

so this morning my main goal was to correct the temp, humidity and vpd. This morning the readings where horrible… temp was okay at 77.2* F, humiditu was way off at 47.2% RH
    vpd was to high at 1.68 kpa

this is what I did to fix my problem. I turned off the extractor and inline vent, turned down the speed for two of my vivo sun oscillating fans a bit on the speed. In the process I reached my desired readings but the humidty was at 76.5% RH so I turned on both oscillating fans at low speed.

current readings as of now are:
    73.8* F, 65.9% RH, vpd is at 0.98 kpa

currently using 25% less of my idea nutrient solution with an ec at 1.6, ppm at 800 and pH at 5.8
    using regular soil as a medium
    nutrients im using are 1 ml of silica gold, 2ml of floragro, 2ml of floramicro, 1 ml of calmag, and 2 ml of diamond nectar.
    feeding as needed then doing just tap water after third feeding at a pH of 5.8.

After your last attempt it doesn't seem like you learned from your previous mistakes and jumped right back into a soon to be cluster F. Screw all the ppm and nute doses if you can't get the container correct what's the point?? Get the best of everything you got the tent the lights the soil and a clay pot??? Putting the cart before the horse newbie.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rookiegrower710
      Rookiegrower710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just flushed her nutrients out. Will be just using pH water in the meantime till she gets bigger. Third grow so far, second one was a disaster. She was already a few weeks old. I had her outside and was not paying attention to it. I am waiting for another seed to sprout and will be just using pH tap water till week 5 as you said. Thanks for the helpful imput

If you are using regular soil then you have killed your plant with those nutes. Likely you would kill it anyway in coco. I'd probably go 1.2 at most in coco at that stage. You actually don't need any for maybe 4 or 5 weeks in soil.
    The pH you are giving it is for a hydro grow...not soil
    you only really need a light breeze so the plant puts on a bit of bulk to hold itself up. No breeze they tend to fall over later on.
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Rookiegrower710
      Rookiegrower710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just flushed the nutrienrs out until the runoff came like 650 ppm, 1.3 ec. Going to researcg ideal pH since I was using hydroponic medium on the last run of my cookies seed.

Question along the same line...I have a similar situation and asked elsewhere about not running the inline fan at all? There would still be plenty of air movement in the tent, but little air exchange, save for an open vent at the bottom of the tent. Basically, my in-line bottoms out my already low humidity if it runs much. Heat is 75 degrees give or take. VDP, which I admittedly don't really get, is kind of high at 140 -160...mostly because I can't get the humidity up.
    Watching the numbers just now...inline kicked in and pushed the VDP up to 175 in a couple minutes, and dropped the humidity to 40%. It will take 15-20 minutes to kick on again, just as the humidly hits the upper 50's. Or I can adjust the trigger, in this case the high heat temp, so the inline won't kick on at all....and no air exchange to speak of. Suggestions, if you're still with me, LOL??
    Last edited by upnorthx; 02-15-2024, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Buy a humidifier. An ultrasonic mister.

Chasing all the EC, PPM, VPD numbers during germination and sprouting will make you crazy. Don't do it. At germination/sprout you need to pay attention to the PH and RH. Forget EC and PPM mix your nutrient solution at 1/4 the recommended amount. Use the fans to make a breeze in the tent. The breeze moves air around and helps the plants grow strong stems but those fans don't do a thing to exchange the air in the tent with fresh air. Basically, you need the side fans to move air but that's all they do. The air exchange happens with your exhaust fan. Bringing in fresh air is a must. The exhaust fan also moves heat out of the tent. If you have good air flow and air exchange you can run your RH a little higher and not experience mold issues. High 50's low 60's are OK with good air flow.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X