Outdoor Plant Spacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Plant Spacing

With a mild winter, I am preparing an outdoor bed for some autoflowers that should go 2 feet tall. How many would my 3 x 6 foot bed support? My plan is to start them in the tent and bed them mid-May (Ohio) or sooner if weather cooperates.

Thanks for that. They're RQS Royal Runtz and a Northern Light freebie. I'll go in ground with these, blending in some sand and coco to keep it loose. Appreciate the advice. I'll come back with pics.

Comment

I agree with SoOrbudgal, 4 sounds about right. Even autos can get pretty big outdoors. You will love the Royal Runtz. I have grown that strain a couple of times indoors and it produces lots of smallish, tasty buds that are rock hard after curing.

Comment

Thanks! The consensus is four - I’ll give that a go. I heard what SoOrbudgal said about bugs. I like what I’ve read about BT sprays and neem oil for insect control.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Regular garden variety spiders seem to have worked well for me in the past in the outdoors. I grew for 5 years or so in a netted orchard and had the highest spider count in there of all my grows over 30 years. Lots of them in the orchard and many all over the plants. They stayed away from the buds but loved the leaves. No caterpillars or moth larvae were detected in all those grows. I got a few fingers of the leaves curling from the spider nests on the downside, maybe a dozen or so at most on each plant so no real issue. White fly only at very low levels on those grows and in the past normally high levels of those and had to treat for them. I don't remember ever having to treat for flying pests over that time, just snails.

Good idea - thanks. I used to read about using Lady Bugs for pest control in Organic Gardening magazine, but hadn’t tho of spiders as being beneficial. Of course that would keep Mrs. Woody out of the plants, too.

Comment

IDK about the BT, but no neem oil on flowers.
          I grow photos and space them at 6 feet apart for air movement, but they get much larger than autos.

Comment

Yeah - I think I would avoid spraying anything during flower, let alone on flowers.​

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone! Looking forward to getting outside.
              This is my Green Gelato Auto (Royal Queen) - hoping it’s ready to sample at the eclipse here in Ohio in April.

32 x 32 Tent
              Cheap LED light
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	615720

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
                Bowhunterwoody commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep. April 8th. Going right over my camp in the Adks. We'll be up there. Plant looks nice and healthy!
                Last edited by Bowhunterwoody; 02-29-2024, 09:15 PM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X