3x3x6 tent fan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3x3x6 tent fan question

Moving out of a 2x2x4 tent to a 3x3x6 tent. Will one 6" fan be enough to move some air? Or should I have two?
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

One will suffice. I just switched from a 3x3 to a 2x4. I used an AC infinity 4" fan and filter for the 3x3. It will work just fine in the 2x4. But, just to be sure check out this article.

Give your cannabis plants just the right amount of breeze indoors, and learn how to easily make a cheap, stealthy exhaust system...

You'll need to calculate the volume of the space your venting. you want to turn over the air in your tent 1-3 times a minute. Don't forget to add about 25% cfm for your ductwork. Assuming a 3 x 3 x 8 tent length x width x height = 72 add 25% for ducting = 90cf. You'll want a fan that can exchange the air in that space 1-3 times a minute. A 4" AC Infinity fan has a CFM rating of 205. it will work. If you want peace of mind buy a 6" fan and run it on a lower setting. Using a 350w LED the 4" fan in the 3x3 the 4" fan had no trouble at all.

Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent. Thanks for that info and the article link. It's been a while since I've read that article. Happy Farming!

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      If noise is an issue it is always prudent to increase the size of the exhaust fan and run it on low than use a small exhaust on high. It makes a big difference.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X