Blue is the new black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Blue is the new black?

After a grueling 3 months of research, I opted to put $18. into "Blue Spotted, 50ft, Deep Jungle Black Flexible Airline Tubing for Aquariums."
    Today I come across this article (brief quote below) which blasts the use of black tubing. Lately I'm having root rot issues in 66 degree F nutrient solution so I look forward to your comments.
    "......I have tried clear, black and blue airline and can confidently say blue is the best colour. Clear airline lets in light leaks. Black airline gets warm from the lights. This causes black airlines to build up slime and biofilm inside the DWC container that can lead to root rot. Clear airline will work but black is absolutely the worst colour to use."

I run the cheapest black tubing..lots of it. My room is 77ft² and it runs from a decent size tank to all pots. Never ever had any issues with the roots or any problem related to the cheap black tubing.

If you use clear common sense dictates you must love algae. There is a few better black tubing and some exy white insulated tubing but I haven't needed it
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Howdy gogettalif, I would not recommend using ANY tubing that conducts and or transports any light in the hydro system whether it's water nutrient or air. Any light induced into a place that is just a perfect environment for "bad stuff' to grow is not good, in my opinion.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X