Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Autos

Ok friends,

So, I have grown plenty of photos. I have zero experience with autos. I've read all I can find on GWE and a few other sites.

This is my plan thus far:

- Plant directly to 3 gallon fabric in FFOF
    - Add no nutrients at all just Ph adjusted H20
    - I'm thinking the FFOF should be sufficient for 21 days
    - Skip topping. LST only
    - Once budlets form, bloom nutes 1/2 strength

Am I missing anything? Would you do anything different?

I'm a little concerned about going straight to such a large container. Because it makes watering tricky.
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

I did almost exactly that last year - outdoors. Except I seeded in a solo cup with no nutes in it. The FFOF may be too hot for seedlings.
    At one week after sprout, I moved them directly to 7 gal. fabric pots. Added Mycorrhizal dust.
    LST with a vengeance. At 30 days in the larger pots, I started the usual FF Trio nutes at half strength. Added cal mag too. At the end, i needed more nitrogen than they had available... I think

Watering wasn't a problem.

Barney's Farm Dos-Si-Dos autos. I was very happy. I'm learning as I go. Advise (to myself as much as for you) would be to figure out the needed nutes beyond the FF Trio
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-19-DSD2-05.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	613014
    The grow was a total of 90 days from seed drop to chop. June - August - Lower New York state. Way too hot & humid! I'm jealous of your indoor rig!
    Good luck!!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      That auto looks wonderful. I grow outdoors also.

I buy a bag of soil for seedlings only. It's light mix no nutes nothing. I start all my seeds in it then after few wks i begin nutes very low dose. And i transplant my autos i do it very gently i've never ruined a root system. But to each there own, it's not rocket science watering seedlings, get a syringe.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Your definitely right about that. If I was doing the mathematics. Our astronauts would have burned up in the atmosphere.

Maybe thats why NASA. rejected my application.
      Last edited by Mollisol; 01-30-2024, 10:59 AM.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
      AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series
      3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake
      Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Sounds like a plan. You should be good with 21 days of no nutes but watch it close, right? Only thing I'd do different is top the plant at the 5th node. So far, I've not had any negative affects from topping an auto as I would a photo. And depending on the cultivar you might be able to use stronger nutes in flower but the plant will let you know. I like starting at less than the manufacturers recommendations and adjusting accordingly.
        Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
        Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
        Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

It's your first time with autos. Let them do their thing so you can get a handle on them. My recommendation. Ditch the fabric pots. They are hard to water without runoff which you don't want with soil. 3 gallons is ok. Watch out for FFOF is notorious for being out of wack ph wise out of the bag. miracle grow organics is a cheaper and better alternative. Mix 1/2 cup dolomite lime with the bottom 2/3 soil. That will help buffer it and add calcium and magnesium. Plant directly into their final pots. Don't top just lst if you feel inclined but it's ok to let them alone. Again it's your first time you can experiment with other techniques after you get used to their growing habits.
          good luck
          keeping it green with the soil thing
          love me some frosty autos
          braap
          BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
          Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
          the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
          blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

• Isaac11247
            Isaac11247 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just my 2 cents but I don't trust any soils from Miracle grow. even if it says organic. they are owned by big pharma. its maybe safe for lawns and bushes I won't use it on garden vegetables but I only use natural nutes like Gaia Green and I like Sohum soil, its pricey but very nice mix. I haven't used FF soils yet

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X